• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Miyazaki & Ghibli's 3rd Poster for The Wind Rises Shown

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm really starting to wonder what this movie is going to be about, especially when it takes place in a time that can be a very touchy subject for many people. How much reality will it have? How much fantasy? What will it have to say about times, places and events? I'm excited, of course, for a new Miyazaki film, and also quite anxious, even though I have utter faith that it will work out.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm just worried about what's going to be on the movie, WWII Japan is a very touchy subject, especially among Americans, I've got great uncles who served in the war and it took years for my Nana to become tolerant with anime because she was alive when Pearl Harbor got attacked. (And it was because of Mr. Miyazaki's films "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Spirited Away" that she's grown to enjoy them. I'm afraid if I go and see this movie she'll ask what the movies about and I'll tell her and she might loose the little admiration for anime that she has. And it stinks because she's starting to agree with me that its "adorable"!) But other than that I'm truely excited as I always am when Studio Ghibli comes out with a new movie.

Last edited by yotsubafanfan on Sat May 25, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Right now I'm seeing a nod to Laputa. I'm really looking forward to seeing this film.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite looking forward to this so called "masterpiece" should be a great film!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Right now I'm seeing a nod to Laputa. I'm really looking forward to seeing this film.

The 3rd poster feels sort of like a reference to the scene where the remnant of the broken robot was stored.
Raz_G

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quote
I find it odd that the film opens in less than two months and there's no trailer yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1