• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tonde Buurin/Super Pig/Super Boink English dubs plural.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesunisup

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
As far as I can tell, there are two different English dubs for Tonde Buurin. First is the one starring Julie Maddalena and featuring a bunch of familiar English dub actors, in which the heroine is called Kassie Carlen. Second, there's an impressively poorly-acted Filipino dub starring Dada Carlos and bunch of people I've never heard of, in which the heroine is called Colleen Adams. Despite being Filipino, it's dubbed in (often heavily accented) English rather than Tagalog. On the ANN encyclopedia's Tonde Buurin page, the English staff/cast/companies sections are currently a mishmash of people from both English dubs, so I'm wondering if there's a way to separate those and make two different English dub sections.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
There can only be one English cast section. The way to distinguish them would be via precision (see e.g. 5cm/s)
If you resubmit a credit it will allow you to add a precision (tick the warning box), but you will need to provide a valid source.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1