• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari of Studio Trigger

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Magic can only be used by select people, and modern technology is slowly turning magic obsolete. Therefore, the general public has been losing interest in magic and has started to forget about its very existence.

Quite interesting.
If the TV series ever happen, it'd be cool if they'd focus on this for an episode or two.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Awesome interview. Though I felt like their reasons for leaving Gainax weren't clear in the answer to the last question. What I got from it was that they had their own ideas about incorporating fan interaction that wasn't feasible at Gainax? Regardless, I enjoyed Little Witch Academia, and am interested to see how Kill la Kill comes out.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
noblesse oblige wrote:
Awesome interview. Though I felt like their reasons for leaving Gainax weren't clear in the answer to the last question. What I got from it was that they had their own ideas about incorporating fan interaction that wasn't feasible at Gainax?
They aren't going to go into an honest discussion of why they left Gainax in an interview like this. They still work in that industry, and collegiality requires answers to questions like that to be more diplomatic than informative.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
We always want to create something “interesting and fun,” but “interesting and fun” tends to rely on what we think is interesting and fun. At this stage, we are not really considering much about whether a title is suited for Japan or other regions of the world. What we want to do is support and communicate with the fans who enjoy our titles and cheer us on, no matter where they are from—Japan or otherwise. We would also like to fulfill what our fans would like to see from us as much as we can.

Amen. That's the most ideal way to approach any project. There will always be fans, and it shouldn't matter where they're from. If it's something you're creating yourself, then you should just do what you want. You shouldn't need to aim for a specific region or global audience. It may result in more fans in some regions than others or be received very differently by region, and even within regions, but that is incidental to the intent.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 am Reply with quote
FYI we're getting a new Kill La Kill promo later today.

Glad to see my question got in there. here's hoping Trigger is Successful, We need more studios like this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1