• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunsmiths Cats & Riding Bean

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalia555

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
What is the relationship between Riding Bean & Gunsmith Cats (both manga & anime)? Both the chronolooical relationship and weather or not Riding Bean can be considered cannon.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
What is the relationship between Riding Bean & Gunsmith Cats (both manga & anime)? Both the chronolooical relationship and weather or not Riding Bean can be considered cannon.

Both were created by Kenichi Sonoda.
Riding Bean was created first, and the character Rally in that show is someone I've considered a prototype of the Rally Vincent character in Gunsmith Cats. They're not the same person.

I'd consider the Riding Bean anime not canon to the Gunsmith Cats anime, although Sonoda brought Bean into the later half of the "Gunsmith Cats" manga.
animalia555

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Are they in the same universe & are they the same Rally?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:

It depends on how you want to look at it. Yes, it is the same Rally in GSC and Riding Bean but with some differences. Riding Bean was supposed to become a series but Sonoda had a falling out with Toshiba EMI (the production company). So he took the Rally character, made some changes and spun her off into her own series. So she IS the same but she's different.

I believe that Bean appears in a couple of the GSC manga but I haven't read those so I can't say for sure what the relationship is in the manga. But they don't bring him up in the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
I believe that Bean appears in a couple of the GSC manga but I haven't read those so I can't say for sure what the relationship is in the manga. But they don't bring him up in the anime.

The relationship between Rally and Bean in the GSC manga is this.
Bean is still a courier.
Rally is still a gun bunny.

Both Rally and Bean paths seem to cross quite violently with each other. How ever Bean normally realised that he's been screw over by the person that Rally is currently chasing. So both Rally and Bean puts assides their differences, take out the villian. And the Bean normally makes a very quick get away.
Rally and Bean are not partner's in GSC manga, however they will both lay down their grudges against each other to take down the real villain.

Normally, the manga will start off with Rally trying to chase down the bad guy. That bad guy is normally a client of Bean. And then Bean realises that he gets screwed over, he's normally chancing the bad guy too.

It's a real shame that they have not done any thing like a full TV series of Gun Smith Cats.spoiler[in the manga, there was a terrorist called Grey. Rally is currently stopping from bombing parts of Chicago.
Meanwhile, Bean gets hired by Grey to leave a car with a trunk full of drugs in a parking lot. At the last moment, Bean finds out that it was not drug, but explosives that he was carrying. So Bean is now chasing Grey for extra payment. So Bean and Rally are on 2 different sides of the Law, however they are both chasing the same guy. At first, Rally thinks that Bean is the villian. However later on Grey make his appearance. And that is where both Rally and Bean will create a tempory alliance. And this sort of thing happens more than once in the manga]

In GSC, there is no freindship between Bean and Rally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1