• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist Theater List

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Bridge: Los Angeles, CA 6081 Center Drive, Suite 201 Los Angeles CA 90045 310-568-3375 Fri (Aug 25th) - 4pm
Sat (Aug 26th) - 9:30pm

Well looks like I am not going to be attending. 4pm on Friday? With my work schedule it's not possible for me to attend any of the showing.....which is a real downer.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
And St. Louis is missed again...sure, the dvd will come soon after, but I would've liked to experience the movie as a theatrical presentation... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Quote:
The Bridge: Los Angeles, CA 6081 Center Drive, Suite 201 Los Angeles CA 90045 310-568-3375 Fri (Aug 25th) - 4pm
Sat (Aug 26th) - 9:30pm

Well looks like I am not going to be attending. 4pm on Friday? With my work schedule it's not possible for me to attend any of the showing.....which is a real downer.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

It's the same way with me. ^^;;; I forgot about the showings here in Colorado and my work scheduled me on both days. I guess I'll have to get it on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
FMAFan16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe only one theater in NYC is showing this movie. Hopefully they will add more soon, otherwise it's going to be packed.
jgreen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
And St. Louis is missed again...sure, the dvd will come soon after, but I would've liked to experience the movie as a theatrical presentation...

I can't believe that it's not playing ANYWHERE in the entire state of Missouri OR Illinois, not even Chicago! I was willing to roadtrip it from the Gateway City, but it's nowhere near here....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SakuraPurinsesu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
So, does this mean dubbed or subbed?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote
That's really out in LA. I could possibly make it on Saturday.
larinon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I assume all of them will be showing their dubbed version? Sad I'd seriously consider traveling to one of these theaters in Texas if they were showing it subtitled, even being 5 hours from DFW, El Paso, and San Antonio.

The DVD comes out in a little over a month anyway, so I guess it's not a big deal. It would be nice to see it on the big screen though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
While I did expect them to add theaters, I didn't expect them to take any away. What was a 70 mile drive for me just turned into a 120 mile one. 240 round trip. Crying or Very sad

Not sure I will be able to make it in time now. And I can't afford a speeding ticket.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime Toy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Yup. Chicago skipped again. I wonder why we are over looked alot. Could it be the 24/7 winds we have here and the fear of getting caught in another Great Fire that keeps people away? I was so looking foward to seeing FMA on the big screen. Oh well. Just have to wait for the dvd then........ Crying or Very sad
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
SakuraPurinsesu wrote:
So, does this mean dubbed or subbed?

English Dub
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I should be able to see it at The Bridge, I go there a lot. I don't want my first time seeing it to be dub though, maybe I'll find a way to watch it before I go.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quote
For anyone interested in seeing the film who is in or near a large city that doesn't have a screening listed, like Chicago, call your local arthouse theatre and enquire as to whether or not they will be showing the film in the future, because, while the initial answer will probably be "no", if enough people do it, that would indicate to the theatre that there may be enough demand for the film for it to be profitable for them to schedule at least a couple of screenings of it.

I don't know about smaller American markets, but I think that it's a safe bet that Funi would have a listing for Chicago if there was actually a theatre in Chicago that was interested in screening it. Funi can't force the film into uninterested theatres.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sokpupet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
YES! FINALLY! It's coming to Kennewick! Where I live! Here I was expecting to maybe see Seattle, then all of a sudden there's my hometown! FREAKING FINALLY!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Everywhere in Tennesee, but nowhere in Connecticut. =/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4