• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers 5th Hetalia Series, Senran Kagura, Devil Is a Part-Timer on Home Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I just downloaded Senran Kagura on 3DS last night... Good stuff. Why don't Funimation team with Xseeds for a promotion of some kind. Also ill be buying all but Hetalia because no Bluray no buy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Too hype for Maou-Sama, I will do whatever I can to buy it.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
I just downloaded Senran Kagura on 3DS last night... Good stuff. Why don't Funimation team with Xseeds for a promotion of some kind. Also ill be buying all but Hetalia because no Bluray no buy.

Hetalia didn't get a BD release in Japan, so Funi is just making do with what they have.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
The only one I'm interested is Devil is a Part Timer. I've heard really good things about it.
The Count

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Yeah, I was also thinking XSEED and Funimation could have collaborted with each other with this franchise, especially since XSEED put this title out pretty quick since it was announced.

Anyways not a bad game, if you liked Code of Princess then you'll probaley enjoy this game.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Yes! The Devil is a Part-timer is finally announced. Very fun series and can't wait to see on Blu-ray.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Yeah, I was also thinking XSEED and Funimation could have collaborted with each other with this franchise, especially since XSEED put this title out pretty quick since it was announced.

Anyways not a bad game, if you liked Code of Princess then you'll probaley enjoy this game.

It seemed like XSEED was scared of any extra attention in the US. They admitted they so themselves in their reluctance and why they limited it to digital release only.
Jave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
It seemed like XSEED was scared of any extra attention in the US. They admitted they so themselves in their reluctance and why they limited it to digital release only.

Sometimes xseed pop up on /v/ to do an AMA for people, and yeah, with all the Shonen Jump Weekly people strangle-holding the western industry lately lately they wanted the game to be low-profile. Physical release would have been nice, though, but.. probably not possible in this tyranny right now Laughing They also wanted it to be uncensored which probably factored in some how.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
For a little bit it was outselling A Link between Worlds on the eShop. This game is rated T and totally uncut...... For perverts like me its amazing Anime smile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Yup, no Minami-ke as expected.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Cool Senran Kagura and Devil is a Part-timer cant wait to get them
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
awesome. gonna get Devil Part Timer next year then
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I know Hetalia will get a dub, but after that business with OniAi, I'm not so sure whether Senran Kagura or Hataraku Maou-sama (I'm not quite used to seeing the English title for that one yet) will. I'm one of those "no dub, no purchase" people, so...
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
well give those coming in 2014 as long one thing for certain let both senran kagura & maou-sama have dub as well.

give senran we know Funi-service history of it so certain for dub as for maou sama oh yes please this is dub worthy.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Devil is a Part-Timer will no doubt get a dub but the idea of Senran Kagura getting a dub over OniAi...

The only thing that Kagura has over OniAi is "ninja action" and you don't have to dub that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2