• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Internal server error 500

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,

I usually can not visit ANN very often, but even I regularly see that error (as well as "Error 504 time out"). This issue pertains for years.

The situation became much better after the latest movement of to better servers/cashing solutions. And yet however often I visit other sites -- for years and years -- I *never* have those wait times and errors as when I visit ANN sometimes. There has to be fundamental solution which eliminates the issue altogether.

I know that transition to new servers/caching system is a complex issue, but still this is probably has to be considered.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Forum is especially slow today, lagging. Finally error 522 "Connection timed out" has shown up: RayID: f3fe2d5afeb00de -- CloudFlare Amsterdam.

This error offered three possibilities of its cause:
a) ANN is broken;
b) network between CloudFlare and ANN is broken;
c) CloudFlare itself is broken.

Please try to debug this error with RayID I provided to find exactly which case of three this error is, and eliminate it once and for all the eternity.

Thanks in advance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1