• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f Vita Trailer Reveals Western Release Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
There's no date? (like MM/DD/YYYY), I think is supposed to mean "Release Month", but sooner or later, there will be a date for it later, it seems.
FranceHopper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I hope they release the sync app like the Japanese version got when the PS3 game came out.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
There's no date? (like MM/DD/YYYY), I think is supposed to mean "Release Month", but sooner or later, there will be a date for it later, it seems.

It's being released in March. That gives you 31 potential days. Although more likely it'll be released on a Tuesday, so more like 4 days.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it's the same lineup as the US PS3 version, only for the Vita , and with the more elaborate-graphics videos as the full-size PS3 version, only without the 3D.
(A brief highlights reel of the entire Diva F lineup, just to get the songs stuck in your head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkmdR1es3Es

Those dancing buttons were hard enough to play on the full-size PS3, though, I wouldn't fancy trying it on the handheld. Shocked
adam_omega

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
The PS3 one is easier to play than the Vita edition. It's largely the same game and content, but instead of doing the star flicks with an analog stick ...those have to be done by swiping your finger on the touch screen. It's far less accurate and easier to kill your combo.
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Full screen Miku!!! "The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku" should be an interesting play.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
adam_omega wrote:
The PS3 one is easier to play than the Vita edition. It's largely the same game and content, but instead of doing the star flicks with an analog stick ...those have to be done by swiping your finger on the touch screen. It's far less accurate and easier to kill your combo.

And also sounds like a killer way to smudge up your screen beyond recognition... and for someone who hates dirty screens, I'll avoid this version
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
adam_omega wrote:

And also sounds like a killer way to smudge up your screen beyond recognition... and for someone who hates dirty screens, I'll avoid this version

Yikes!!! Thanks for the heads up on the smudgy screen. I can't go that route. I'll keep enjoying my Miku concert DVD's and my NicoNico subscription for the videos. Thanks again!!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
gwdone wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
adam_omega wrote:

Yikes!!! Thanks for the heads up on the smudgy screen. I can't go that route. I'll keep enjoying my Miku concert DVD's and my NicoNico subscription for the videos. Thanks again!!
Or you could invest in a package of wet touch screen wipes, or buy a can of electronics IPA to use with a soft cloth.
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
gwdone wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
adam_omega wrote:

Or you could invest in a package of wet touch screen wipes, or buy a can of electronics IPA to use with a soft cloth.

Unless they've improved dramatically, all of the wipes I've tried, the last being an Office Depot brand, didn't do that good of a job. Can you suggest some / a brand that works really well?
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Hate to turn a perfectly good Hatsune Miku thread into a Windex thread Confused , but I got over my smudge-phobia about my new iPad with a plastic cling overlay (that still conducts touch-screen fingers).
Safe to wipe, can find them just about everywhere, and I'm sure they're out for handheld games as well.

gwdone wrote:

(Oh, man--GOTTA get the Diva F game for the music-videos. For the above YouTubed reasons. Cool And in game-free 3D mode, where available.
Thing is, though, it seems to have had a limited release in the US: It disappeared off of GameStop before I could get a copy, and comes and goes arbitrarily off of Amazon's stock, aside from the used resellers.)
RoseTech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
gwdone wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
gwdone wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
adam_omega wrote:

Unless they've improved dramatically, all of the wipes I've tried, the last being an Office Depot brand, didn't do that good of a job. Can you suggest some / a brand that works really well?

All this talk about smudgy screens is unnecessary. It can easily be avoided by using the rear touch panel instead of touching the screen. There is an option for it in the game. That's what I use.
RoseTech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
Looks like it's the same lineup as the US PS3 version, only for the Vita

Not the same lineup. A subset. It's the original JP Vita version translated + DLC is available for purchase. We must pay extra for the extra 6 songs, etc. that are released with the PS3 version. In the blog post, right after he talks about the DLC, he says "We’ll be announcing details on pricing for these, as well as the full game, here on the SEGA Blogs soon." In Japan, since the release order was reversed, if you bought the PS3 version (I did), you get a DLC code for the 6 songs, etc. for the PS Vita to bridge the content gap, so to speak.

I don't know... looks like the cost to buy the game, plus the DLC, plus probably another PS Vita memory card may outweigh the cost of simply importing the Japanese version (now a "Greatest Hits" release, at ¥3170 => ~40 shipping included).
Have to wait and see what pricing SEGA US will bring to the table...
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
RoseTech wrote:
In Japan, since the release order was reversed, if you bought the PS3 version (I did), you get a DLC code for the 6 songs, etc. for the PS Vita to bridge the content gap, so to speak.

Which were the "extra" songs? I remember there were, but in the NA version, they were simply included in the unlockable PS3-lineup roster.
(Including the chance to get "Rin-chan Now!" permanently rooted in your head. Mad )
RoseTech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
RoseTech wrote:
In Japan, since the release order was reversed, if you bought the PS3 version (I did), you get a DLC code for the 6 songs, etc. for the PS Vita to bridge the content gap, so to speak.

Which were the "extra" songs? I remember there were, but in the NA version, they were simply included in the unlockable PS3-lineup roster.
(Including the chance to get "Rin-chan Now!" permanently rooted in your head. Mad )

The 6 songs in question (i.e. not on the PSVita version, but included with the PS3 version) are:
- Sweet Devil
- Tell Your World
- 東京テディベア (Tokyo Teddy Bear)
- 夢喰い白黒バク (Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku)
- 千本桜 (Thousand Cherry Blossoms (Senbonzakura)
- リンちゃんなう! (Rin-Chan Now!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1