• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, May 12-18 [2014-05-21]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
if we count the special edition Kui Naki Sentaku nº1 passes the 400k mark!!

I'm so glad it's doing so well <3 (can we have a few OVAs? or even better: a short series of around 10-13 eps! please please please Wit Studio)<--- let me be delusional ktsrdftghdgf

[EDIT]

I just searched the last time the special edition was in the ranquings an it had (at that time at least) 123.938 unities sold, which makes an aproximative total amount of 440.585!

(at this rate I won't be surprised if they announce another print!)
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Judging from the anime's awesome sales projection and considerable manga boost, I can now safely say "Haikyuu!!" The Animation is a respectable commercial success, right?
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know how Josei typically fares in the comic rankings? I figure that shoujo and josei don't get the type of sales numbers that shounen usually produces, but I am curious as to what type of numbers represent "good" sales numbers for a josei title. My object of questioning being Ane no Kekkon, which is in the top ten right now. It's placement and number in sales seem to indicate that it's pretty popular right now, and makes me lament the under representation of Josei in our markets.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
PansyWansyLinsy wrote:
Does anyone know how Josei typically fares in the comic rankings? I figure that shoujo and josei don't get the type of sales numbers that shounen usually produces, but I am curious as to what type of numbers represent "good" sales numbers for a josei title. My object of questioning being Ane no Kekkon, which is in the top ten right now. It's placement and number in sales seem to indicate that it's pretty popular right now, and makes me lament the under representation of Josei in our markets.

with the ton of mangas that are being released each day/week in Japan, if a title appears in the list I guess you should be happy? (even if it's at the bottom of it)
pykrete

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Nemui_Nezumi wrote:
if we count the special edition Kui Naki Sentaku nº1 passes the 400k mark!!

I'm so glad it's doing so well <3 (can we have a few OVAs? or even better: a short series of around 10-13 eps! please please please Wit Studio)<--- let me be delusional ktsrdftghdgf

[EDIT]

I just searched the last time the special edition was in the ranquings an it had (at that time at least) 123.938 unities sold, which makes an aproximative total amount of 440.585!

(at this rate I won't be surprised if they announce another print!)

No Regrets 01 316647 + 123938 = 440585

If that 500k print run only includes regular edition copies, they're probably already reprinting.

13th volume is 1665561 + 298788 = 1964349, which is faster than the 12th volume, but it's going to take many months to get to 2.8m, so now I don't think the 14th volume will get a bigger print run. It may be even less than 2.8m.

My guess about all Haikyuu volumes making it this week didn't pan out. They would have if there wasn't so many new releases.
normajean19

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Fuuka's first volume charted! Awesome
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1