• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul's 2nd Promotional Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
I hope this will follow the manga faithfully. Otherwise, it's so-so imo so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely looking forward to this. I'm a little concerned about it being rushed, though - some of the things in that PV are from as far in as volume 7. Hopefully it will be a 2-cour.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
I'm definitely looking forward to this. I'm a little concerned about it being rushed, though - some of the things in that PV are from as far in as volume 7. Hopefully it will be a 2-cour.

Yeah it'll have to be - there's no way they could get to Voulme 7 with one season. On the up side I'm glad to see they're going that far - I was scared they wouldn't get that far in the anime.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:34 pm Reply with quote
With each new trailer I get more excited about this anime. And how I wish that the readers of the source material will shut up about how the anime adaptation might stack up against it.
Ownsin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
With each new trailer I get more excited about this anime. And how I wish that the readers of the source material will shut up about how the anime adaptation might stack up against it.

That's not very nice, you don't have to be rude. We are just worried it won't be as good as the manga is all there is to it...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Ownsin wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

That's not very nice, you don't have to be rude. We are just worried it won't be as good as the manga is all there is to it...

Then create a separate discussion thread to talk about it. This thread is supposed to be about the anime only. I am not interested in the manga.
Mega 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Question, sir

Why are you concerned about the anime diverting from the original source? Was there anything in the PV that hinted so?

I don't read the manga, and thus why I'm asking. Embarassed
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh i am so exicited for this one, i just cant wait to see it.

just one more month, hurry up pls Smile
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Mega 2 wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Question, sir

Why are you concerned about the anime diverting from the original source? Was there anything in the PV that hinted so?

I don't read the manga, and thus why I'm asking. Embarassed

Yep, somethings, but it seems nothing major(Just change of some locations and some added action), but potentially hints for more changes.

P.S: And there is a scene that I can't seem to remember seeing in the manga at all. Probably is just me not remembering it.
spoiler[ The scene where the white suit masked guy is killed by what it seems the main character Kagune. Probably is an added scene of one of Rize Killings?]
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
The guy in the article image looks like a male version of the chick from Another. Anyways, action shonen from Pierrot. Sign me up.
bigivel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
The guy in the article image looks like a male version of the chick from Another. Anyways, action shonen from Pierrot. Sign me up.

Is not Shonen is Seinen! From the Cousin magazine of Weekly Shonen Jump(Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, ...), called Weekly Young Magazine(Kingdom, Terra Formars, REAL, Zetman, ... Previously Gantz ran in that magazine as well).
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
The director is really good so I would trust him with any anime exclusive material.People need to relax about manga changes,they aren't automatically bad.Plus,the manga while good has issues which I would love to see fixed.
Also the animation in trailer looks gorgeous,I have confidence that anime will be good.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, awesome trailer, really looking forward to this.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this one. Never touched the manga material, and won't unless it gets licensed and the anime interests me enough to buy the manga.

I usually don't go for "dark" anime series. I do wonder if the mask will creep me out too much that I may not want to watch it all. Seriously, that mask gives me the heebeegeebees. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1