• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya CG Film's New Video Pits Brother vs. Brother

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
How many times has Ikki gone evil in the original series I haven't seen or read the series in a long time but I remember he kept going evil a couple of times right? I get he is more then likely being mind controlled but still seems to be a pretty overused plot point.
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
How many times has Ikki gone evil in the original series I haven't seen or read the series in a long time but I remember he kept going evil a couple of times right? I get he is more then likely being mind controlled but still seems to be a pretty overused plot point.

Actually he was evil only once in the Black Saints Arc in both anime and the manga. The thing he is considered the lone wolf of the group
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
Given that when he was evil in the original series it was because he was being mind controlled spoiler[by Gemini Saga], and that this movie is a retelling/adaptation of the Sanctuary Arc of the series, it's entirely understandable that we'd see an evil, mind controlled Ikki here as well. In fact, I'd be shocked otherwise.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:

No no no, you're getting it wrong. Ikki only became "evil" once, as others have mentioned. The Saint Seiya running gag is how Shiryu goes blind like three times in the original series (wonder if they'll do that here...)
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote
Shiryu better go blind in the first thirty minutes or this movie is a pile of shit.
Guy Gardner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
If Shiryu get blinded in the first 30 mins, then Hyoga better be turned into a block of ice every 5 mins
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1