• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Azazel-san, Yakitate! Japan, Suteki Tantei Labyrinth

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Meh. Neutral

Nothing I'm really interested in. I've heard some pretty good things about Yakitate, but the rest is stuff I honestly couldn't care less about.

Wake me up when they rescue something like Monster or Master Keaton.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
So much anime is obsessed with pleasantry that I like Azazel, which is vulgar, violent, and misanthropic, more than it probably really deserves.

The chapters of the Azazel manga are split strangely between the TV series and the OVA, which I guess they haven't gotten. It doesn't really matter.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I may be interested in buying is Suteki Tantei Labyrinth and that's just because of the VAs involved... Probably not enough to garner the attention of my wallet, though if they release it in a nice chipboard box I may get it...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
The only thing I may be interested in buying is Suteki Tantei Labyrinth and that's just because of the VAs involved... Probably not enough to garner the attention of my wallet, though if they release it in a nice chipboard box I may get it...

Lucky Penny means zero chance of an artbox.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

Labyrinth won't be getting a chipboard box, as it's a Lucky Penny release, which never get that kind of extra packaging. The only one that could possibly get an artbox will be Yakitate!! Japan, which is a Nozomi release.

As for these licenses, I'm definitely interested in two of them. I had guessed that Yakitate!! might be one of them, as one of the hints they shared before AX was of baking goods, but I honestly didn't think it would actually be this show. Looks like Dark Lord Kleckner proved me wrong, which I am always happy to be. It's just such an entertaining & hilarious show, and I'll definitely be buying it. The other one is Suteki Tantei Labyrinth, as I've been interested in checking the show out ever since it originally aired. It also has an really damn good opening theme, which has essentially kept the existence of the show in my head for all this time. Looking forward to finally watching it, via legal means, no less.

In fact, the licensing of titles like these, which were either forgotten by time or outright ignored when they debuted, lets me hold out slight (ever so slight) hope that the anime I want licensed more than anything might have a chance one day. Really, really slight hope, but hope nonetheless.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
WOW! I never thought anyone would ever license Azazel. This is a very nice surprise. Already have all the BDs though... Do I double dip?

Is there going to be a dub for this??? o_O I can't imagine this series in English. (And don't really want to.)
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
the Dark Lord didn't mention one, so the answer is very likely no
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm very surprised that Yakitate! Japan has taken this long to come to the States given the following it had when it first aired, but hey, it's here now, so that is good enough news (and I'm sure recipes will be included with the release… Wink ).

Now, if you will excuse me, I will go back to my corner now to continue sulking over Sea Story/Umi Monogatari getting past over… Anime cry spoiler[(I mean, you liked ARIA, right, RS? SS/UM is the second part of Sato's "healing" anime trilogy… Just saying…)]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
spinja446

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Azazel-san was on WTF Japan Seriously blog two years ago. It's probably one of their most popular clips too lol Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-qwc1ulQs

Last edited by spinja446 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
yappers4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
What a coincidence. I've just started watching Yakitate!! Japan just an hour ago. Shocked

I do hope it receives an English dub. Very Happy
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, Yakitate. About 5 years too late, but better late than never, I guess!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
5 years? Assuming it came out sometime in 2007, a entire year after it ended in Japan, it'd still be 7 years too late. I liked the series when I saw it, but it's been far long since then and I think my enjoyment has since cooled down so I'm sort of indifferent to it now.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I loved Yakitate!! Japan, I'll probably be getting that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Meh. The only one I've heard of is Yakitake Japan and that was a SUPER campy shounen series. I'll make a point of at least watching a couple episodes of the other 3 when rightstuf puts them up on youtube, if only because rightstuf has a history of licensing hidden gems that I hadn't heard of, but in all honesty I probably won't be buying any of these.

For the fun of it I looked through the official Nozomi/Lucky Penny licensing request threads for the past two years to see how many times these titles showed up.

Fantasy Detective Labyrinth: 1

Azazel: 2 (but by the same poster)

Yakitake Japan: 0

Space Pirate Mito: 0

(I'm honestly a little worried about Mito being able to sell double digits)
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Lucky Penny means zero chance of an artbox.

I love artboxes too. One thing, my copy of Sweet Blue Flowers came with a lovely little postcard book. Not a boxed set, but I believe if you pre-order Lucky Penny titles there is usually some omake involved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3