• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Manga Volume 64 Delayed 1 Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fencer_x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
"Viz Media published the 61st volume in June and is scheduled to release the 62nd volume in November."

Wait, a series as popular as Bleach, and the English releases are still 2 books behind?

And they wonder why scanlators continue to churn out already-licensed material...

I don't follow Bleach or Viz, but do they at least have the ongoing chapters released in real-time with the Japanese version? As in, is it just the tank releases that are behind, or are there no English single-chapter releases and English readers are stuck either reading illegal scanlations or being behind the times?
Zaddit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
I REALLY hope that this break helps Kubo come up with better ideas because the direction bleach is headed in really makes me want to stop reading it. The only reason I continue to read it is because I've become so invested in it that I just have to finish and see how it ends. I hope it doesn't go to utter shit.
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:03 am Reply with quote
PaleoGod wrote:
I REALLY hope that this break helps Kubo come up with better ideas because the direction bleach is headed in really makes me want to stop reading it. The only reason I continue to read it is because I've become so invested in it that I just have to finish and see how it ends. I hope it doesn't go to utter shit.

I started to feel that way as well...sadly. And I've been a hardcore fan for 4 years, well until it started getting crappy Sad
I just hope the ending is epic and good at least....
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote
Tite Kubo still does a much much better job than kishimoto. Bleach lately gives you tons of asspulls but naruto tops that with incomprehensible idiocy and completely ignores its own logic, it has build up and stated in the past.

That said, I hope Bleach returns to being really good again. Juha Bach is pretty badass, what this series needs is GRIMMJOW JAGGERJAQUES RETURN
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
PaleoGod wrote:

I disagree completely. Kubo is bringing back elements that he foreshadowed way back in the Aizen arc and answering a lot of the questions that he left open (such as Bankais, Shikais, etc). Plus there's still the element about what role Aizen and the Soul King will play into the end, as well as reveals like Grimmjow, the Fullbringers, etc.

If the Fullbringer arc can be looked at as Kubo's way to go back to how Bleach's formula normally was, the Thousand Year Blood War arcs have been a combination of what makes Bleach so great.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:

Wait, a series as popular as Bleach, and the English releases are still 2 books behind?
That sounds pretty good to me compared to how it used to be. Not to sound like a crotchety old man, but people these days seem to always want instant gratification. The world isn't going to end if you have to wait a little.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
It's not a "break," they simply didn't print enough copies to meet the pre-order demand, which is a good thing.

I guess I'm surprised it's this volume this is happening to, as it's the Kenpachi vs. Gremmy stuff. I didn't like it at all, but I guess Zaraki and Squad 11 have dedicated fans the world over who were waiting for his Bankai reveal for the past 11 years.
Vanstorm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
"Viz Media published the 61st volume in June and is scheduled to release the 62nd volume in November."

And they wonder why scanlators continue to churn out already-licensed material...

I don't follow Bleach or Viz, but do they at least have the ongoing chapters released in real-time with the Japanese version? As in, is it just the tank releases that are behind, or are there no English single-chapter releases and English readers are stuck either reading illegal scanlations or being behind the times?

Uh, Weekly Shonen Jump English Edition anyone? Chapters being released digitally simultaneous with Japan legally for well over 6 months and before that they were only two weeks behind. Seriously, do your research and support the industry!
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
It's not a "break," they simply didn't print enough copies to meet the pre-order demand, which is a good thing.

I guess I'm surprised it's this volume this is happening to, as it's the Kenpachi vs. Gremmy stuff. I didn't like it at all, but I guess Zaraki and Squad 11 have dedicated fans the world over who were waiting for his Bankai reveal for the past 11 years.

so if this is the case then it looks the the Bleach manga sales have gone up since that FullBring crap, this could just be wishful thinking and I doubt it's any where near true because it's popularity hasn't been as high as it used to but maybe if the volume sales keep up like this then maybe Pirrot will animate final arc at some point
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1