Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX's New Features Trailer Streamed


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Klampo



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 93
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
The logic of releasing on PS3, but then KH3 is only for Xbox One and PS4 doesnt make sense. Also not releasing on Xbox 360 seems odd as well.

Shouldnt you want to maximize the ammount of people who have the ability to play it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rahxephon91



Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Posts: 1791
Location: Park Forest IL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure what dosen't make sense here? Sequels plenty of times are released on the next system. Did you think it made no sense to release FF13 on the PS3 and not PS2? Also by the time that game comes out it's not like the PS3 is going to be a viable platform.

Also I don't think any company finds releasing PS2 HD collections on a PS4 very worthwhile. They probably think if they did that consumers would want more then suped up PS2 games. Thats fine for PS3, not for PS4. Which also seems to be the thinking here since Type 0 HD looks to be more then a HD upsacale. That and the fact that they can't just simply put it on PS3 and be done with it.

So I'm not sure what dosen't make sense there.

Why is it not on 360? Could be a lot of reasons. I really don't know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
FenixFiesta



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 1435

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also not releasing on Xbox 360 seems odd as well.

Makes sense to me, ps3 is the console in most homes in Japan and Sony probably had a deal to help push KH3 for more PS4 unit sales on release (take notice in console sale spikes Nintendo side for big game releases)
There is no mistake that KH3 release will also be tied to a spike of Ps4 unit sales and the Japanese gamer has no interest in Microsoft's consoles for either generation at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricJ2



Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 1616

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Also because it's a lot easier to adapt a PS2 game to 3 than 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Leland Lee



Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
Also because it's a lot easier to adapt a PS2 game to 3 than 4.


Yet...they're adapting a PSP game to PS4, and are already 80% done with it. (Type-0)

Anyway, new features are nice and all....but it still doesn't save KH2 from being absolutely terrible. :<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
infamoustakai



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Looking really snazzy. I've gotta push myself to try and beat the first one before this comes out. I heard KH2 is a LOT better than the first one.

Also excited for BBB because everyone seems to really love that one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricJ2



Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 1616

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
Anyway, new features are nice and all....but it still doesn't save KH2 from being absolutely terrible. :<


But it had Tron:Classic in it! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Felicity dash



Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:
Also because it's a lot easier to adapt a PS2 game to 3 than 4.


Yet...they're adapting a PSP game to PS4, and are already 80% done with it. (Type-0)

Anyway, new features are nice and all....but it still doesn't save KH2 from being absolutely terrible. :<


It`s terrible? Me and all my friends thought ir was better than the first game...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leland Lee



Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
The story is an absolutely plothole riddled trainwreck, the gameplay is hilariously easy even on the highest setting, and progression is downright FF13-esque in terms of linearity.

BBS has very fun gameplay and increased challenge, but the story and linearity is even worse than KH2. And Re:coded is......well, yeah. All in all, this collection has very little to offer me personally. Maybe I'll pick it up eventually for like $20 or something.

If you plan on getting it, more power to you. But, this fall-winter season will be very busy for gamers with plenty of good stuff coming in droves, so I think I'll be just fine lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
everydaygamer



Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 521

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
The story is an absolutely plothole riddled trainwreck, the gameplay is hilariously easy even on the highest setting, and progression is downright FF13-esque in terms of linearity.

BBS has very fun gameplay and increased challenge, but the story and linearity is even worse than KH2. And Re:coded is......well, yeah. All in all, this collection has very little to offer me personally. Maybe I'll pick it up eventually for like $20 or something.

If you plan on getting it, more power to you. But, this fall-winter season will be very busy for gamers with plenty of good stuff coming in droves, so I think I'll be just fine lol.


you're free not to like KH2 (though the story is nowhere near as complicated as people seem to think) but BBS is definitely the best in the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KENZICHI



Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 792

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
The story is an absolutely plothole riddled trainwreck, the gameplay is hilariously easy even on the highest setting, and progression is downright FF13-esque in terms of linearity.

BBS has very fun gameplay and increased challenge, but the story and linearity is even worse than KH2. And Re:coded is......well, yeah. All in all, this collection has very little to offer me personally. Maybe I'll pick it up eventually for like $20 or something.

If you plan on getting it, more power to you. But, this fall-winter season will be very busy for gamers with plenty of good stuff coming in droves, so I think I'll be just fine lol.


you're free not to like KH2 (though the story is nowhere near as complicated as people seem to think) but BBS is definitely the best in the series.


I agree with you. I don't know why people think KH is complicated because it really isn't. And I'm not going to argue with Leland about this, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it. I just have no idea why they would think BBS is 'worse' than KH2 (but to me it's also a good game). It is definitely one of the best in the series. Oh well. I'm just really excited for this game~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 1509
Location: Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this. I've yet to touch my copy of 1.5, so I'm just going to wait for 2.5 and then just do a massive play-through of both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leland Lee



Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
When did I say it was complicated? :/ You guys get so defensive to the point where you start imagining things lol.

Au contraire, I find it quite simple. Just insanely stupid with fifth-grade writing and cardboard characterization. Neutral
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phia_one



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 752
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
The only reason I play the KH games is the Disney characters. I'm looking forward to playing BBS just because it has Leonard Nimoy and Mark Hamill in it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kurama4Ever!



Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Is the preorder going to come with an exclusive digibook like 1.5 did?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group