• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Original Resident Evil Remastered for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Very Nice!!! Now resident evil fans regardless of what console you have can experience one the best resident evil games ever made.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Screw it. I'll take digital over nothing. If this does well, maybe we can see RE going back to its roots. The GC remake not selling as their excuse.
wohdin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
If they change the dialogue, I'm boycotting.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
all right
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
But not on the platform that is a successor to the original platform the remake was on.

Makes sense. Rolling Eyes
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
So is this, as the title says, a remastered version of the original Resident Evil, or is it, as articles on other sites have stated, a remastered version of the remake of the original Resident Evil, which are two very different things?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
It´s the fantastic Gamecube game with the rewritten story so the dialogue is actualy allright(kind of a shame).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
grave: While we're at it, will it be the real director's cut, or that crappy DC in name-only? Rolling Eyes
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
gravediggernalk wrote:
So is this, as the title says, a remastered version of the original Resident Evil, or is it, as articles on other sites have stated, a remastered version of the remake of the original Resident Evil, which are two very different things?

This is definitely a remastered of the Gamecube remake. So this will be the first time the Gamecube remake is coming to a non-Nintendo consoles and PC.

Here's the ironic part though: No Wii U release for this version (yet) . Shocked Yep, this confirms it, Nintendo is turning their back on future 3rd party releases. The Wii U has the graphic of Xbox 360, so Remastered Resident Evil could've been gotten a release on there, and yet no Wii U release date.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Tank controls are back! Though to be honest this is the RE game that scared me the most. Oh the memories of my cousin's journey through the mansion and the nightmares that ensued from watching him. It's too bad there's no Wii u version, considering most of the remakes were on Nintendo consoles.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
But not on the platform that is a successor to the original platform the remake was on.

Makes sense. Rolling Eyes

By this logic, why weren't REmake and REZero on PS2?

Of course, different situations, though. REmake and REZero were probably paid by Nintendo to stay as GC exclusives. Capcom just doesn't think there's any money to be made on Wii U.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Of course, different situations, though. REmake and REZero were probably paid by Nintendo to stay as GC exclusives. Capcom just doesn't think there's any money to be made on Wii U.

That and Nintendo is starting to turn their back on 3rd party, even casual and sport game (both current and upcoming releases) are not seeing Wii U releases.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
gravediggernalk wrote:

This is an hd remaster of the remake that was exclusive to the GameCube and wii for years. I hope that this entry in the franchise will finally given a fair chance who never had chance of playing it before.

Screenshot comparison:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
With the creators out of the picture, the leftovers can hopefully give us what we want. A nice HD set of RE. We need really need is an HD reboot of RE in the Panta Rhei engine.

I could have sworn that they have already made "HD" (Widecreen + screen filter) with the special edition of RE 6?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Primus wrote:

That and Nintendo is starting to turn their back on 3rd party, even casual and sport game (both current and upcoming releases) are not seeing Wii U releases.

You're kinda making some assumptions there, especially since most interviews from third-party publishers indicate THEY'RE the ones turning their back on Nintendo and not the other way around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3