• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Military Developing Mobile Powered Suits

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
But why? The JDF hasn't fought a war in years. Well, might as well start at some point.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
But why? The JDF hasn't fought a war in years. Well, might as well start at some point.

They can sell the technology to the US, where we will end up seeing it on the battlefield.
ly000001

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
But why? The JDF hasn't fought a war in years.

With Abe "reinterpreting" the Constitution, that may change sooner rather than later: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/01/world/asia/japan-constitution-protests
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
ly000001 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

With Abe "reinterpreting" the Constitution, that may change sooner rather than later: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/01/world/asia/japan-constitution-protests

They'll be curbstomped by China because that's where Abe will target first for a war (I doubt it though as he's trying to get in good terms with China), and if they attack South Korea, they'll get no support from the US and thus also being curbstomped.
ichii_1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
ly000001 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

They'll be curbstomped by China because that's where Abe will target first for a war (I doubt it though as he's trying to get in good terms with China), and if they attack South Korea, they'll get no support from the US and thus also being curbstomped.

Japan should have heavy duty kurata's being made for war underground, these suits will be bulletproof too and whoever strikes first will win.
Remember when the japanese slaughtered 2 million chinese with absolute easy? yeah imagine a suprise attack today.

I predict north korea going to far and Japan godstomping them into the new Japan.

Last edited by ichii_1 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
ly000001 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

I hope it won't. Sad

Anyway, the JDF helps after tsunami, earthquakes, or other disasters, so these suit would still be useful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Yu Ominae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
The SDF does limited PKOs, although they don't have standard ROE except to bugger out of an area when things are too hot for them.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Of course japan would come up with something like this. I honestly don't know wether to clap slowly in disappointment or quickly in awe.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
Of course japan would come up with something like this. I honestly don't know wether to clap slowly in disappointment or quickly in awe.

I'd go with the former for now and the latter when it's more developed years from now.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
US has been researching the technology for years now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIah_G5eFU

In fact, I believe the first prototype ever was made in the 1960's/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:
Japan should have heavy duty kurata's being made for war underground, these suits will be bulletproof too and whoever strikes first will win.
Remember when the japanese slaughtered 2 million chinese with absolute easy? yeah imagine a suprise attack today.

I predict north korea going to far and Japan godstomping them into the new Japan.

How do you come up with this stuff? Laughing
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
So how long do you all think it will be before Japan makes real Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Aside helping a soldier being able carry heavier pack of equipment.

They could use power suits to be able rescue people for the fire department or disaster relief. I hope their able to employ things for that.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Yep, besides military, these exoskeletons are already in use in some manufacturing industries to reduce fatigue on workers, so they won't need frequent breaks when using heavy equipment for hours and hours:

yurihellsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
ly000001 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

That is if China hasn't torn it's self apart in the next few years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1