• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Team, Code Geass Writer Make Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote
Interesting, I guess Wit Studio won't be taking a rest huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Carefree859

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:02 am Reply with quote
Wow some interesting news
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri (Knocking on the Walls of the Armored Fortress)

I got a strong Bob Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's Door + Attack on Titan vibe.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:53 am Reply with quote
This sounds so interesting! I hope in my heart that this project doesn't fail!
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:57 am Reply with quote
The last original anime this team made together was Guilty Crown and it freaking sucked.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
This has the potential to be really fun and/or really trainwrecky with that kind of staff.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
Damn it, Director Araki is excellent but Okouchi is just... meh. After the trainwreck that was Valvrave, it's not possible for me not to be skeptical about another anime he writes.

Thank goodness Yoshino is not on board or it would have been the reunion of the Guilty Crown trio.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This has the potential to be really fun and/or really trainwrecky with that kind of staff.

And that is exactly why I will be watching it. Wink
nightjuan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 am Reply with quote
I am infinitely more interested in what the Code Geass director, Goro Taniguchi, is working on next season: Junketsu no Maria. Based on the manga, that should be a pretty nice show.

This recent news is more surprising but less appealing to me. I won't be rushing to watch this.

For the record, Tetsuro Araki did say in an interview last year that he knew what was wrong with Guilty Crown and wanted to prove himself with another anime original project, so I guess this is an attempt to see if they can make something better this time around.

Having Okouchi take the lead instead of Yoshino might be a slight improvement but doesn't necessarily guarantee anything. Valvrave wasn't nearly as terrible as Guilty Crown, in my opinion, but still not something I'd recommend to people.

More importantly, I can only hope that also includes making some changes to how the director and writing staff interact, as well as how the actual subject matter is treated. But I won't be waiting for this with any hype, I'll let others confirm if it's actually good or bad.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
The last original anime this team made together was Guilty Crown and it freaking sucked.

Haha, yep.

I have no hope at all for this series, particularly with the title itself seemingly aping SnK's success.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:

Hey, I liked the Guilty Crown dub.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:
Thank goodness Yoshino is not on board or it would have been the reunion of the Guilty Crown trio.

After the Yoshino's good Black Butler: Book of Circus (World Trigger is bad in original, so there isn't even a chance to improve it) and Okouchi's Valvrave I believe that it can be the chance that it will going even worse than GC...
nightjuan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
After the Yoshino's good Black Butler: Book of Circus (World Trigger is bad in original, so there isn't even a chance to improve it) and Okouchi's Valvrave I believe that it can be the chance that it will going even worse than GC...

To give credit where it is due, Black Butler: Book of Circus was an adaptation and Okouchi wrote one or two episodes. For that matter, the directors for each of those projects were also different people and this is always a factor worth keeping in mind.

As skeptical and uninterested as I am, we know absolutely nothing about this project. There's nothing on the premise, nothing on the characters or setting. There's a chance of something worse, of course, but also of something better or just too different. It's all up in the air. If the plot and characters come across even remotely like those of Guilty Crown, then I'd actively tell people to not watch it. At the very least, the title doesn't give off that impression so far.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
I actually loved Guilty Crown o.0
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
After the Yoshino's good Black Butler: Book of Circus (World Trigger is bad in original, so there isn't even a chance to improve it)

I actually enjoyed that one frankly, it is nothing special generally but I found the execution above average with a few major flaws.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2