• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last -Naruto the Movie- Teased with "Teary Naruto Love" Video & 3 Ads

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
The more I read and see of this film the more I cannot wait to see it myself. There's been rumblings of Naruto Shippuuden having new original arcs in 2015 so I am very much hoping we see episodes set during the wedding and honeymoon.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
I would have been brought to tears if I was the crying type but I was more pissed at the fact that they're pulling off a sh*tty J-Goku on Naruto, ie, not giving him a male voice even though he's an adult now.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
There's no reason to re-cast. Nobody is going to play Naruto better now than Take'uchi Junko. She's had over 650 episodes of experience with the role.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
JacobYBM wrote:
There's no reason to re-cast.

He's grown up now. That's every reason to do so.

JacobYBM wrote:
Nobody is going to play Naruto better now than Take'uchi Junko. She's had over 650 episodes of experience with the role.

So, just because one VA played the part, no one else can? And a child nonetheless. She's played tons of little boys and early teen boys since she started VA-ing as much as as male VA's have voiced tons of teen or adult males.

Tsubasa Ozora has been recast when he became an adult in Captain Tsubasa J after Akari Hibino played the titled character's child version for over a decade.

Please don't spew nonsense like that making her out to be the ONE TRUE VA for Naruto. I'm pretty sure with some auditions, they can find someone to play adult Naruto.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
I'm with the-antihero on this. I feel an adult Naruto should have an adult male voice.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I'm with the-antihero on this. I feel an adult Naruto should have an adult male voice.

*cough* Goku, Gohan, Goten *cough*
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
Lovely work ignoring the word 'now'. She'll be re-cast when she is no longer able to voice the character, either in death or in old age. Right now there is no reason to do that. Her performances are alive, there's nothing more realistic than a performance that is alive.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I was more pissed at the fact that they're pulling off a sh*tty J-Goku on Naruto, ie, not giving him a male voice even though he's an adult now.

Tell that to the main target audience in Japan. People would boycott the theaters if they did that. I bet even the staff would've freaked if they did that. No one who is a major fan of the series would've wanted this in Japan because it's just not normal to do it for a character who has had the same voice for well over 600 episodes.
The only major exception to this is Detective Conan, but I'm pretty sure we can blame this on the fact that he needed a distinguishing voice between his child and teenage self to give sense to many of the early situations where Ran could distinguish them over the phone.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
I'd think Junko's adult Naruto voice could sound less irritating than Masako's adult Goku voice (a reason being that Junko is a lot younger than Masako).
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
JacobYBM wrote:
There's been rumblings of Naruto Shippuuden having new original arcs in 2015 so I am very much hoping we see episodes set during the wedding and honeymoon.

Like that'll ever happen.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I'd think Junko's adult Naruto voice could sound less irritating than Masako's adult Goku voice (a reason being that Junko is a lot younger than Masako).

at least we all know that wont be the case for the english dub. knowing viz media , their gonna keep malie flannigan as the voices for both young and older naruto. and dont be surprised it will be the same for the adult naruto too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1