• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Special Chapters Get Anime Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Oh good. I'm not too fond of the current anime filler arc so this might refresh things up a bit soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:28 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh good. I'm not too fond of the current anime filler arc so this might refresh things up a bit soon.

I thought that it keeps the "Fairy Tail"-esque feel of the manga quite well.

I knew something like that would happen last year, when it was announced that the series will return after a break of only one year. While it is nice that the A-1 is animating the various side-stories and extra content, they are too close to the manga for their own good, or rather there isn't enough gap between the manga and anime.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:29 am Reply with quote
I have to agree the filler arc is terrible. I can't even watch it knowing what's coming up. These side stories sound awesome.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
The current filler arc is kinda so-so, not really bad, but not good either. I always liked the episodic fillers much more so I'm looking forward to these.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
I liked the Yu-Gi-Oh!-style fillers since I play the game.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
I'm just watching filler arc simply because I missed Fairy Tail. Given that a new special episodes and new OP/ED is announced, it means a new canon arc is going to be started real soon. Speaking of new opening......

I'm looking forward to their usual overshadow/hints/spoilers in opening scene.
mak123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
I'm just watching filler arc simply because I missed Fairy Tail. Given that a new special episodes and new OP/ED is announced, it means a new canon arc is going to be started real soon. Speaking of new opening......

Why? Mysterious Magic is an opening made just for these filler episodes (that i like very much except for a couple of episodes).
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

I thought that it keeps the "Fairy Tail"-esque feel of the manga quite well.
No. The jokes have been painful and they even turned Ichiya and Cancer gay for a cheap laugh. Happy hasn't felt the same not even close even in the canon arcs and this filler arc doesn't make a lick of sense to begin with. The only reason i'm still watching is because it's fairy tail but i hate A-1 quite a bit more now, they always seem to screw something up one way or another and this is there biggest yet. Too bad A-1 has a lot of promising titles otherwise i would boycott them. All through-out this series you have to question if they're even trying regarding animation and script wise, it's just been one of the most painful adaptations i have had to sit through and i hate i have to say that about Fairy Tail.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
The current arc is shit(1st time saying the exact word "shit" when talking about an FT filler). Nuff said.

I knew the special chapters would get animated, but not so soon after this current arc.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I didn't care too much for the Fairy Woman special chapter, but I can't wait to see the episodes for the Natsu and Azuka and 413 Days special chapters. Smile
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what it is, so long as it takes us out of this godawful filler. It's a shame that they wasted such a good opportunity to reinforce Lucy's relationship with her spirits for the sake of crappy "hyuk hyuk Cancer is gay" type of comedy. I'm particularly excited about the Juvia episode, mostly because I want to see spoiler[Gajeel and Levy kissing].
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
So 4 more episodes of the current arc I guess then some one off filler episodes. So maybe next cour they will start the next arc though I guess we'll see when they show the new opening.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
*sighs* Wasn't the point of the year-long hiatus in the anime to give the mangaka time to jump ahead a bit? When do we actually get back to the main story? This god-awful filler arc is killing me.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
*sighs* Wasn't the point of the year-long hiatus in the anime to give the mangaka time to jump ahead a bit? When do we actually get back to the main story? This god-awful filler arc is killing me.

Likely in the spring. The current manga arc should be complete by then, giving the anime staff clear idea of what they have to work with and allow them to plan accordingly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2