• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid Anime's 2nd Commercial, Air Date Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Ohhh, I hope this gets a simulcast and maybe have it lead to getting the other Nanoha titles onto legit streaming platforms.

On another note, how shounen tournament-y is this title?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this. I hope it will be a 2 cour adaptation tbh..and while at it, maybe some info on the third film soon?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
it's pretty much dragon ball (not Z).
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
No, maximilianjenus, it's very much DBZ. Those little girls kick MAJOR ass, and don't get me started on the flashback of the 3 holy kings of Belkan.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
So embrace for another title removing loli fanservice, thank you anime media.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least it's not Force...

The good thing is, at least I know what to expect of Vivid and probably won't be brought down from high expectations like with Sailor Moon Crystal. I really want to know what happened to the third movie. That one promised to be the first original plot with the original cast since Strikers but no one seems to know what happened with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I really this season of MGL Nanoha gets simulcasted in the hopes that it'll bring more awareness to it. The show's been deeply buried in obscurity for years since Geneon packed their bags and left [forever] after the A's season.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
At least you do have an attempt of a release. We have neither which is a big shame considering what else gets released here... I've been preaching the greatness of MGLN too, ever since it became probably my top anime overall, but still so few people are even aware of it.

I'm not sure though if Vivid is actually the best way to promote the series. It's a very laid-back story that doesn't have a whole lot in common with the way the other seasons developed.

I realize the problem with a sequel, of course. Nanoha's story is pretty much done by the end of Strikers. It's hard to make something new with them afterwards. But there's still that 6 year gap (actually longer if you count the time between A's epilogue and Strikers) to fill out though. That supposedly was a point of the third movie which seems to have disappeared...
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I love mecha anime. Especially when the mecha is replace with magical girls.
Also
Don't mess with the White Devil's daughter.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I really this season of MGL Nanoha gets simulcasted in the hopes that it'll bring more awareness to it. The show's been deeply buried in obscurity for years since Geneon packed their bags and left [forever] after the A's season.

I'm still kicking myself over not getting A's because now the DVD set costs upwards of $300 due to Funimation canceling the rerelease collection. Sentai rescuing it would be a godsend but I'd love to see StrikerS and the movies too...
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
please let Crunchyroll or Funimation get this one. Be pissed if daisuki got it like they got Cinderella Girls
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Ohhh, I hope this gets a simulcast and maybe have it lead to getting the other Nanoha titles onto legit streaming platforms.

On another note, how shounen tournament-y is this title?

It appears so far that Vivio has been raised these last few years with the same ideas as her mama with regards to befriending people.

There will be punching, kicks, a point-blank kick version of Starlight Breaker for one character, rocket punches, beams, and throwing beams back at the people who fired them.

And one girl tears part of the arena out of the floor and throws it. Gotta wonder how they fix these things in time for matches.

Don't forget the loli fanservice, of course.
MysticMew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
The spoiler[tournament arc] is probably what I am most looking forward to in this... and the spoiler[early training session/match].

I wonder though how far the adaption will go? The translation that's out there has been stuck in place for a small eternity now. If this one wants to go through the whole thing, the anime will probably catch up with the translation of the manga faster than could be imagined.
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
How far the adaptation will go will depend on how many cours they give it.

I am hoping someone will pick up this series and rescue the franchise from it's western stasis. While I really don't particularly care for recent installments (basically anything StrikerS and beyond) it would still be nice to actually get them stateside. Especially the movies, the animation there holds up much better than the old series and it'd be a perfect way to introduce it to new people.

Last I heard though they weren't particularly keen on giving the rights after the previous attempts at distributing it here went so disastrously.
tobeast777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 am Reply with quote
It should be force T-T Why has force died? I loved it so much. Strikers and Force are the best thing about the Nanoha series and what makes the series unique from many other magical girl shows. That said, go punch some people Einhart Stratos.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2