• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Flames of Truth Opening Movies Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
As an aside, apparently Flames of Truth is not technically new? It was already revealed in-game as part of the high-end raid content. (Content which, despite spending over a year and a half on FFXIV, I have yet to get to. Anime hyper)
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
FF14 is truely one of SE crowning achievements in their history of game making. The original FF14 was a failure in all regards and somehow they ended it greatly and turned it around to be one of the best mmos around.

With this FF14 expansion trailer, now everyone wants to be a dragoon lol
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
The ending to 2.55 blew me away. Lots of emotion and great storytelling. It really got me hyped for Heavensward just to see how they follow up on the cliffhanger.

FFXIV is definitely my favorite MMO and the first one I've gotten heavily invested into since the original EverQuest and FFXI. I'm glad Square didn't give up on it after the 14 launch and stuck with it.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
FF14 is truely one of SE crowning achievements in their history of game making. The original FF14 was a failure in all regards and somehow they ended it greatly and turned it around to be one of the best mmos around.

With this FF14 expansion trailer, now everyone wants to be a dragoon lol
This^^ nice to see other's that feel SE did something amazing re making it then letting it grow into one hell of a game. Anyway i can't wait for Heavensward
pinder_2009

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:08 am Reply with quote
Flames of Truth isn't new. Those of us that have cleared the Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 3 had already seen it, but for those that can't or won't raid and beat that battle they can now see it.

More context for the Flames of Truth video
spoiler[ so in Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 3 you meet and fight Louisoix who is under Bahamut's thrall and has turned into the primal Phoenix. There is a whole conversation before and after the battle that gives a lot more context to the video. From the video you see Bahamut break out of the attempt to cage him again. All the aether that was being used to form the cage is still in the area after it fails to trap Bahamut and along with the prayers of those on the battlefield it allows Louisoix to absorb the aether and transform into a primal. After Louisoix pierces Bahamut he thinks the job is done and Bahamut defeated, but Bahamut isn't quite done yet and is able to temper Louisoix after he has used his burst of new found power but before he can fully dissolve. And then Bahamut escapes into the coils to regenerate and the enthralled Louisoix acts as a watcher/guardian to protect Bahamut until he can fully recover.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1