• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nomura: Kingdom Hearts Smartphone Game to be Announced Soon

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 am Reply with quote
Yay, another terrible spinoff that we won't get in the west! Laughing (at least until it's 'remastered' for PS4 or something.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cloud8100

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:27 am Reply with quote
eh spinoffs, I used to really loved KH years back but I can't be bothered anymore.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
Yay, another terrible spinoff that we won't get in the west! Laughing (at least until it's 'remastered' for PS4 or something.)

And just how do you know it'll be terrible?
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
the only kh games that are worth playing are kh 1, kh2 and kh bbs, all of which are available on ps3 via the hd collections. don't bother with any other kh game unless you are a fanatic. the smartphone game will be more fluff and further complicate an already convoluted and pretentious series... kh is the most unnecessarily confusing game series i have ever played (yes, even more so than metal gear solid) and i doubt anyone would be able to make sense of it based on their own personal experience. unless you dig into wikis galore can you piece together the timeline and events and make sense of it. i hope kh3 simplifies the lore a little bit... having said all that, the games are fun to play and that is really what matters at the end of the day. really looking forward to e3 this year to hear some more news.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
"Legend of Zelda" has a complicated story too, and yet everybody sucks that franchise's butt every game.
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
Honestly I'm hoping that this is a crappy pointless spinoff game like SE's recent Final Fantasy titles. Kingdom Hearts doesn't have a terribly difficult story to follow, provided you play all the games (because someone at SE decided every KH game should be equally important to the story), and there really don't need any more games until KH3, especially after 3D's ending.
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
OMG Nomura! Just finish KH3 first. Then you can worry about smartphone games.

Confused
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
I wish I could find the article on this I originally read a few days ago. The article there said nothing about a new KH smartphone game, it just said that there would be KH news at the Disney fanfest in August, and that it would be news on KH3 and a smartphone game, which I've been assuming means an update to [chi], since I believe it's been a while for it.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
rizuchan wrote:

And just how do you know it'll be terrible?

Just keeping in mind that Coded was originally released as a cell phone game.

Not that Re:Coded was terrible but, hyperbole. It wasn't exactly good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
There is nothing wrong with more KH. I honestly don't understand how some fans think the games that aren't on PS are useless or bad. I'm not interested in a smartphone game, but good for fans who are interested. If Nomura wants KH to span multiple games then that's his choice. I think people are just bitter because they want the title '3' so bad.
Via_01

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
There is nothing wrong with more KH. I honestly don't understand how some fans think the games that aren't on PS are useless or bad. I'm not interested in a smartphone game, but good for fans who are interested. If Nomura wants KH to span multiple games then that's his choice. I think people are just bitter because they want the title '3' so bad.

Believe me, I like Kingdom Hearts as much as the next fan, but for a long time it's been nothing but spin-off after spin-off after spin-off in every single possible console imaginable. Right now, I just want the KH3 that's been teased every since 2006, almost 10 years ago.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Via_01 wrote:
KENZICHI wrote:

Believe me, I like Kingdom Hearts as much as the next fan, but for a long time it's been nothing but spin-off after spin-off after spin-off in every single possible console imaginable. Right now, I just want the KH3 that's been teased every since 2006, almost 10 years ago.

That's how "Shin Megami Tensei" fans feel waiting for "Persona 5" in the barrage of P4 spin-offs.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 3D was good & relevant (well about as relevant as a spin off can get).
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Are you freaken kidding me?!?! quit making mobile games and why KH on the phone?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! FINISH KH3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Cant wait for Coded 2. Starring Data Sora against the data of Org. 13, but first fans will have to play through the digital summer vacation of Data Roxas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2