• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Saiyan God SS Vegeta Joins Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden 3DS Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I didn't realize Vegeta gets the power-up as well this time around. Looks better on him honestly.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Just like SS3, Vegeta decided to skip a step.
Toonami4Eva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I wish Vegeta would be first to do something game changing instead of always being second banana to Kakarot and his family >_> such a great character, he needs to shine more and the perfect way to do that is to let him be the one to kill Frieza.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
You're tearing me apart Toriyama!
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
You're tearing me apart Toriyama!

When I read this it's in the voice of Tommy Wiseau.
KennstarYusuke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:46 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
When I read this it's in the voice of Tommy Wiseau.

Personally I'm reminded of this
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 am Reply with quote
I think the blue hair is super pretty! It's just like...a perfect shade of blue, y'know?
Tallis Latif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:
I think the blue hair is super pretty! It's just like...a perfect shade of blue, y'know?
Makes Vegeta look like a kind and compassionate man and a good father. Even if he were to destroy another planet, his blue hair would make it look like he did it for the good of the universe.

I guess the reason he can't become SS3 is because he can only become Super Saiyan forms that he doesn't have to change his hairstyle for or his hair was just the same so nobody noticed he already achieved it.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh for the love of God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is a real thing. Toryiama stop just stop this is just embarrassingly stupid now. He seriously wants to revive the Dragon Ball manga but he needs to go away and stay retired. Dragon Ball is a cornerstone of the shonen genre and Toriyama is a legend in the business but he is out of ideas for this series. Dragon Ball is a dead series and this kind of crap is just retreading over it over and over again. Next Goku will have to go SSGSS lvl 2, then lvl 3, then lvl 4, and then he goes Super Saiyan Ultra God, and then the cycle repeats over and over again.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Oh for the love of God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is a real thing. Toryiama stop just stop this is just embarrassingly stupid now. He seriously wants to revive the Dragon Ball manga but he needs to go away and stay retired. Dragon Ball is a cornerstone of the shonen genre and Toriyama is a legend in the business but he is out of ideas for this series. Dragon Ball is a dead series and this kind of crap is just retreading over it over and over again. Next Goku will have to go SSGSS lvl 2, then lvl 3, then lvl 4, and then he goes Super Saiyan Ultra God, and then the cycle repeats over and over again.

How is this sillier than time traveling Super Saiyan Bardock? Or the Broly movies? Or, if we're going with just Toriyama-derived ideas, basically anything in the Buu arc?

[Edit]: removed personal comments. Errinundra.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tajima

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Dragon Ball is a dead series

LOL. Not according to the money it made this weekend. Do us a favor and never run a company that actually wants to make a profit. Laughing
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
Monster Hunter wrote:
Dragon Ball is a dead series

LOL. Not according to the money it made this weekend. Do us a favor and never run a company that actually wants to make a profit. Laughing

Awesome then so then Toriyama can revive the Dragonball manga and every arc can be about how some new all powerful enemy comes out of nowhere. Said enemy is much more powerful then the last arcs enemy so Goku must train to reach the next level of Super Saiyan which we now know is going to be Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan lvl 2. All other characters are absolutely worthless during said arc except maybe Vegeta who can kill a lieutenant and may help Goku but probably not and Piccolo who may or may not kill a lieutenant. Next arc comes with much more powerful enemy who comes out of nowhere and Goku must reach SSGSS lvl 3 rinse and repeat ad nauseam until the series is finally over. Glad you can have your pointless Dragon Ball series that has no plot or point to event exist except to see fights that don't matter because death is made mute by the dragon balls.
Tajima

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:

Awesome then so then Toriyama can revive the Dragonball manga and every arc can be about how some new all powerful enemy comes out of nowhere. Said enemy is much more powerful then the last arcs enemy so Goku must train to reach the next level of Super Saiyan which we now know is going to be Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan lvl 2. All other characters are absolutely worthless during said arc except maybe Vegeta who can kill a lieutenant and may help Goku but probably not and Piccolo who may or may not kill a lieutenant. Next arc comes with much more powerful enemy who comes out of nowhere and Goku must reach SSGSS lvl 3 rinse and repeat ad nauseam until the series is finally over. Glad you can have your pointless Dragon Ball series that has no plot or point to event exist except to see fights that don't matter because death is made mute by the dragon balls.

Not sure why you felt the need to go on that insane rant. All I was saying was that your ridiculous declaration that "Dragon Ball is a dead series" was blatantly incorrect. "Dead series'" don't make more money with each film that comes out. That's a fact.

No one gives a crap about you not liking it.
KennstarYusuke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote
Mizuki-Takashima wrote:

It certainly is for Vegeta. On Goku it just looks like badly dyed neon hair.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1