• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto -Naruto the Movie- Teaser English-Subtitled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Lol, this series has the oddest names when it comes to movies. Well, at least we find out some of the aftermath of the other character as well so...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gasero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Boruto's personality seems just like Naruto. Kishimoto wasn't going much for creativity I guess.
ebv2406

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy that everyone seems to be ignoring Manga Str**m's idiotic name translation =)
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
ebv2406 wrote:
I'm just happy that everyone seems to be ignoring Manga Str**m's idiotic name translation =)

I don't read their scans so I wouldn't know. I've long since lost respect for those guys.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
ebv2406 wrote:

I don't read their scans so I wouldn't know. I've long since lost respect for those guys.

Blame Kishimoto's ample originality not MStream.

In my opinion BO RU TO sounds as stupid and no better than BOLT.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Getting excited, I won't lie. I've got my fingers crossed for Sarada to be an amazingly-powerful kunoichi who channels both her parents.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Getting excited, I won't lie. I've got my fingers crossed for Sarada to be an amazingly-powerful kunoichi who channels both her parents.

Ten bucks on her having a crush on Boruto.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

If I see her wailing on Burrito every time he does something she disapproves of (like her mama to Naruto) I'm losing all interest.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:59 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

I'm not taking that bet, I don't want to lose my money Smile
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

I think that's already in the last manga chapter. And that's why Boruto should kick her to the curb. Very Happy
sarroush

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
Bolt is less stupid than Boruto. Boruto just sounds like a typod version of Burrito.

Anyways,
>Pinnacle of all my creations; Says Kishimoto.
I'm actually not taking that as something positive, but either way, I'll watch the movie and judge his so called pinnacle when it's out.

And what was seen from Boruto so far in the last Naruto chapter does nothing to bring home his character because he's a carbon copy of Naruto just without the whole orphan bit. His personality is identical and he's as annoying as Naruto was in the first few arcs of the original.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Boruto's personality seems just like Naruto. Kishimoto wasn't going much for creativity I guess.

Considering Naruto is a grown man who's far different from who he was when he was 12 Boruto taking after his father makes a world of sense.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Man can you guys quit whining and getting pissed over his name??? srsly, every post they make about Boruto, you guys only wanna talk bad about the name..is that all you guys do is complain?!? who the hell cares about his name..I dont care? I know you guys hate it, but Im pretty sure you guys are gonna watch the damn movie anyways so get over it!!!!!!! UGH..nothing is gonna go your damn way!!! Yeah yeah opinions this opinions that...Im tired of you guys complaining about his name..go ahead call him burrito or some shit, damn. As you all freaken know, Im pretty damn excited for this movie and I feel like Im the only ONE..
meeedoooz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
Man can you guys quit whining and getting pissed over his name??? srsly, every post they make about Boruto, you guys only wanna talk bad about the name..is that all you guys do is complain?!? who the hell cares about his name..I don't care? I know you guys hate it, but Im pretty sure you guys are gonna watch the damn movie anyways so get over it!!!!!!! UGH..nothing is gonna go your damn way!!! Yeah yeah opinions this opinions that...Im tired of you guys complaining about his name..go ahead call him burrito or some shit, damn. As you all freaken know, Im pretty damn excited for this movie and I feel like Im the only ONE..

in another forum someone was whining about the name saying the same shit like " kish ran out of ideas " until someone said that boruto's name is a homage to neji Smile

hater gonna hate man just let trolls be trolls no need to get worked up over their stupidity
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 pm Reply with quote
sarroush wrote:
Bolt is less stupid than Boruto. Boruto just sounds like a typod version of Burrito.

Anyways,
>Pinnacle of all my creations; Says Kishimoto.
I'm actually not taking that as something positive, but either way, I'll watch the movie and judge his so called pinnacle when it's out.

And what was seen from Boruto so far in the last Naruto chapter does nothing to bring home his character because he's a carbon copy of Naruto just without the whole orphan bit. His personality is identical and he's as annoying as Naruto was in the first few arcs of the original.

Burrito,. nah. I agree with you about being a carbon copy. You cannot expect more of Kishimoto really.

More like BRUTO. Spanish word that literally means stupid. Try saying BO RU TO and it actually sound exactly like bruto. But Burrito ultimately means the same "stupid" "not intelligent"

It will be tiring to see another Naruto really. I hope he has more intelligence but doubt it.

Shirohae wrote:
Man can you guys quit whining and getting pissed over his name??? srsly, every post they make about Boruto, you guys only wanna talk bad about the name..is that all you guys do is complain?!? who the hell cares about his name..I don't care? I know you guys hate it, but Im pretty sure you guys are gonna watch the damn movie anyways so get over it!!!!!!! UGH..nothing is gonna go your damn way!!! Yeah yeah opinions this opinions that...Im tired of you guys complaining about his name..go ahead call him burrito or some shit, damn. As you all freaken know, Im pretty damn excited for this movie and I feel like Im the only ONE..

Laughing You prefer we go on with the endless debate from naruto x sakura shippers? Surprised On a second thought maybe Kishimoto is actually a genius, from those sakura supporters endless tears, we are now more focused in boruto´s extraordinary name.

@meeedoooz BUT homage or not, its sounds bad, period. One cannot overlook it as we will refer to BO RU TO quite a lot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2