• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wake Up, Girls! Manga to Begin in Comp Ace

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I was about to ask "what's the point of a Wake Up, Girls manga when you can't hear the songs," but then remembered the best part of the movie and the series was the story and character development. So, sure, why the heck not.

Actually, I picked up a WUG! artbook at Kinokuniya last year and was shocked at what a large cast they had designed (bios for at least a dozen members of the rival I-1 Club, plus some other idol groups), so maybe a manga lets them build out that franchise a little bit.

Plus, fewer jokes about ridiculously threadbare animation.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
As threadbare as the animation was at times in the TV series, at least it wasn't some abhorrent CGI disaster resembling a cheap Miku Miku Dance video where every single idol is in perfect unison due to being a slightly modified copy and paste.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
As threadbare as the animation was at times in the TV series, at least it wasn't some abhorrent CGI disaster resembling a cheap Miku Miku Dance video where every single idol is in perfect unison due to being a slightly modified copy and paste.

Wake Up Girls Zoo basically lampshaded that with its ending song didn't it? Each episode, there would be a slight change (missing members, characters transformed into something else), but otherwise it was straight off the render farm.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
"Wake Up Girls" is a quote that I could describe about the hesitant feelings that harem girls have.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1