• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mighty No. 9 Delayed Until Fall With Physical Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
September now has another game that I want.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:33 am Reply with quote
I'm glad it is getting a physical release.

Oh wait, it is just for NA:(
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

The overseas releases will also be released physically. Not sure if this covers every territory, but this does appear to be the case for now.

Also, by the way, figured this was overlooked in the article, but the game will not only feature English voice acting now, but Japanese, as well as French voice acting, plus the Ray DLC:

Quote:
First of all, yes, it is a delay from our original Spring estimate (which, from reading the comments lately, might not come as a surprise to many of you, given we’re in late April already...) But before you despair, please, hear us out first! The reason for the delay, and the reason we are so excited about this new partnership in the first place, is all the cool stuff it will allow us to add to the game (content that all Backers will get absolutely FREE): Added Japanese (yes!) and French voiceovers (in addition to English), FREE for all backers! Extra subtitle languages (Spanish! French! Italian! German! Russian! Polish! Brazilian Portuguese!) FREE for all backers! And best of all: the entire Ray DLC set -- an entire extra level and boss (and playable character) -- FREE for ALL backers!

The game was only meant to feature English voice acting, due to not having enough funds to cover both English and Japanese (plus there was a vote sometime ago to determine which voice cast we wanted). The partnership seemingly allowed them to get the funds to do additional voice acting, which is really cool in my book.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

The overseas releases will also be released physically. Not sure if this covers every territory, but this does appear to be the case for now.

The game was only meant to feature English voice acting, due to not having enough funds to cover both English and Japanese (plus there was a vote sometime ago to determine which voice cast we wanted). The partnership seemingly allowed them to get the funds to do additional voice acting, which is really cool in my book.

Oh that's good, with digital distribution, games like this don't us usually get physical releases.

I'm surprised that they going ahead with a JP dub since this was funded by westerns, I don't even know if it is getting a JP release.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
With crowd funded projects, I think this is more important to announce than when a traditional video game is made.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it was explained in the backer letter for the delay. The backers are getting the dlc character and level free when it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least we'll have something for the next semester.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Oh that's good, with digital distribution, games like this don't us usually get physical releases.

Definitely helps having a publisher here. Hopefully if the game is successful, the publisher will support the series going forward.

Quote:

I'm surprised that they going ahead with a JP dub since this was funded by westerns, I don't even know if it is getting a JP release.

Keep in mind, the game was originally produced in Japanese to begin with. Although localization was immediate, due to a lot of westerns crowd funding it, there were still a number of Japanese that pitched in to help fund this project. Admittedly the Japanese side on the forums is almost entirely dead, but there were backers that were Japanese. Wouldn't surprise me if some are mostly using the English forum, however.

I think what's frustrating to me is this game has had a lot of controversy (between the extra funding goals, a certain incident with the community manager, and people just outright being unfair with the game), and as a result, whenever something gets posted on a forum, there is always a number of negative posts. I've even seen people complain about not only the "Graphics" being "too dull" or that it's not/too similar to Rockman/Mega Man, but that they now have a "Publisher" and it "defeats the purpose of crowd funding".

It's really frustrating and it curls discussion whenever it gets brought up. Not that games shouldn't have a certain level of criticism, but I always felt that people get shut down for even giving any positive input on it. Plus, not a whole lot of people have even played the damn game, so it's hard to judge from how it plays (though you can get a rough idea from videos) without actually having a controller or (for some players) keyboard in your hands.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this game and I really hope this partnership with Deep Silver works out for them.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote
That's how it's been for the Internet lately. I see that kind of whining and complaining about every little thing everywhere I go for every possible subject. The bigger the thing being discussed, the more whiny people you'll see (though there are exceptions).

It's a lot of prioritizing one's mouth (well, virtual mouth anyway) over one's brain.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1