• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Final Fantasy VII's PS4 Release Date Briefly Listed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarroush

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
The title is clickbait for the remake lol.
You should add that its the port in the title.
Robbybulidjetliner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
for the a second i thought it was the remake.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
For what it's worth I'll buy the pc port too in anticipation of the updated game even if it is click bait worthy.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Considering that the game is no where close to being out, and that we would get more info in the Winter...not really clickbait material unless you haven't been following. lol
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I imagine it will be 3-5 years before we see FFVII remake, director has KH3 and FFXV to finish up before he can focus his efforts on VII. Which he will need to unless Square thinks they can half ass it because its a remake. lol
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Considering that the game is no where close to being out, and that we would get more info in the Winter...not really clickbait material unless you haven't been following. lol

Considering stores are already taking pre-orders for the remake it's not a stretch to think a distant release date may have slipped out. So yeah, click bait.

BigHeadClan wrote:
I imagine it will be 3-5 years before we see FFVII remake, director has KH3 and FFXV to finish up before he can focus his efforts on VII. Which he will need to unless Square thinks they can half ass it because its a remake. lol

Between the trailer and what's been said in interviews it's clear they've already made some progress on the game. It's not like they have to create the game from scratch, story and game concepts are already set for them, they just have to work a new engine around it. Two years is plenty of time to have it ready for a 20th anniversary release.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
KH91 wrote:

Considering stores are already taking pre-orders for the remake it's not a stretch to think a distant release date may have slipped out. So yeah, click bait.

lol Did you know the Nintendo NX was available for pre-order right after it was announced. No one knew what it was, and yet stores made it available for pre-order. Stores taking pre-orders is nothing new and gets sickening every year(The Last Guardian from years ago). Only a fool would believe a stores release date at this point. There is no set date, except for the assumption Square are trying to release it in 2017(20th). Only click bait if you haven't been following or like to hope a lot.
sukochi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I just downloaded FF7 International for my PS Vita and am loving my commutes to work on the train now!!! Heres hoping I dont get lost and give up like I did back in 1998! LOL
rikku45

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
is it the pc port or the ps1 port?
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Only a fool would believe a stores release date at this point. There is no set date, except for the assumption Square are trying to release it in 2017(20th). Only click bait if you haven't been following or like to hope a lot.

Clearly you've been following the news on FFVII since you seem to know so much. So how did you become so knowledgeable without reading a bunch of articles about it? Osmosis? Beamed directly into your brain? It's easy to be snarky about it, but you can't know it all without reading it all. With two FFVII games coming to PS4 it isn't a bad idea for news articles to say which one in their titles.

rikku45 wrote:
is it the pc port or the ps1 port?

PC port.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
KH91 wrote:

BigHeadClan wrote:

Between the trailer and what's been said in interviews it's clear they've already made some progress on the game. It's not like they have to create the game from scratch, story and game concepts are already set for them, they just have to work a new engine around it. Two years is plenty of time to have it ready for a 20th anniversary release.

Emerje

True but they will have to try and put a spin on a few core aspects, world map, the sheer size of the game itself & combat system come to mind.

This may be a remake, but I doubt the developers will still tinker with a few things to help make the game appeal to a larger audience, hopefully no major story tweaks through!

Either way this is FF7, so rushing the release just to make a quick buck is something should be avoiding.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
They will have to make the whole game from scratch. (The remake, not the port.) There are important cogs missing and given SE's track record, they are trolling everyone once again. I'll believe it when there is something more than a cg preview.

The topic is the PC port of the PS1 FF7. The most overrated of all the final fantasy games. They will probably attempt it just so they can finally be done with it. SquareEnix keeps trying to move forward.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1