• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax Asia to Air Irregular at Magic High School, Wizard Barristers This July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunset In the Hood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
Would be excited for this if Animax wasn't a horrible company. Bring on college drop outs who had "Drama Club" written on their VA application forms. Also, get ready for reruns because Animax knows how to get their money's worth by playing the same anime episode 10 times a day. The schedule for the whole day will probably be this and marathons of Bleach and Naruto episodes from centuries ago.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
If only Animax got around to improving their lineup and their English seiyuu talent pool, they would get more viewers tuning in. They can only go so far with only subpar dubbing and excessive reruns keeping them afloat.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
If only Animax got around to improving their lineup and their English seiyuu talent pool, they would get more viewers tuning in. They can only go so far with only subpar dubbing and excessive reruns keeping them afloat.

Pretty much the only new Animax dubs are for kids' franchises like LBX or Pretty Rhythm. All the other new shows are subtitled-only.

If they have to rerun old dubs, I wish they'd show Twin Spica, which is one of their better efforts, but I suspect the license expired.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Pretty much the only new Animax dubs are for kids' franchises like LBX or Pretty Rhythm. All the other new shows are subtitled-only.

If this is any consolation, at least you got to watch Pretty Rhythm in English whereas the show went entirely unnoticed in other countries outside of Asia.

I wonder what the English version of LBX is like, anyhow?

Quote:
If they have to rerun old dubs, I wish they'd show Twin Spica, which is one of their better efforts, but I suspect the license expired.

Ah, Twin Spica...I have interest in watching that show. I wish Animax offered simpler access for people outside of Asia that wants to watch their shows...but that's just myself living in a pipe dream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1