• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll to Also Stream God Eater Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
From a possible business standpoint and possible common sense view, I think it is pointless for them to announce that they are streaming this unless they specify when.
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it's pointless at all; it means that fans who are interested in watching the series but don't feel like contending with Daisuki or Hulu (perhaps they watch on devices other than a PC) won't be as tempted to start looking for pirate streams, if they can just wait a while.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, that "Daisuki Exclusive" thing died pretty fast, isn't it?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
From a possible business standpoint and possible common sense view, I think it is pointless for them to announce that they are streaming this unless they specify when.

No, it's not. Now I can quit watching it on Daisuke and won't have my initial experience ruined by ads.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Good, because for the life of me I can't get Daisuki's player to work. It just keeps on loading.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Well, that "Daisuki Exclusive" thing died pretty fast, isn't it?

I can't find where I'd read it now, but I remember hearing that it was supposed to be a "first on Daisuki," not necessarily "only on Daisuki". I'd been waiting for someone else to put it up (which Hulu already has, as well).

infamoustakai wrote:
Good, because for the life of me I can't get Daisuki's player to work. It just keeps on loading.

Do you have ad-block? We found that their player won't load with ad-block enabled. Of course, without ad-block, then the ads interrupt in the middle of scenes, and break the player as well, so...
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank goodness! Very Happy I am also unable to get Daisuki to work properly. It'll make it about halfway through an episode before it stops. I haven't started God Eater, because I already have a ton to watch, but I wasn't super thrilled that I was going to have to sit through ads on Hulu, or a broken player and ads on Daisuki.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

infamoustakai wrote:

Do you have ad-block? We found that their player won't load with ad-block enabled. Of course, without ad-block, then the ads interrupt in the middle of scenes, and break the player as well, so...

I do, but I disabled it after not getting it to load. And even then it doesn't work.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I'd been waiting for someone else to put it up (which Hulu already has, as well).

Hulu doesn't really count against Daisuki's exclusive, as Daisuki is listed as the publisher.

ANN had previously stated the series was a Daisuki exclusive in an earlier article.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Dessa wrote:
I'd been waiting for someone else to put it up (which Hulu already has, as well).

Hulu doesn't really count against Daisuki's exclusive, as Daisuki is listed as the publisher.

ANN had previously stated the series was a Daisuki exclusive in an earlier article.

Please read the rest of what you didn't quote. I read somewhere that it was "first on Daisuki," but I don't remember where.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Please read the rest of what you didn't quote. I read somewhere that it was "first on Daisuki," but I don't remember where.

I did read the rest of what I didn't quote, but the reason I didn't quote it was that it wasn't relevant to my response.

My noting ANN stating it was a Daisuki exclusive had nothing to do with your statement (e.g.., I wasn't insinuating you saw it at ANN and that it said anything different), which was why I didn't quote it. Quoting it would have implied I was arguing with you that you actually saw something different (which appears to be how you took it anyway).

I mentioned ANN stating it was exclusive to Daisuki, as that was relevant to seeing it elsewhere.

For anyone reading this, here is the article where that was stated:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-24/aniplex-usa-to-simulcast-classroom-crisis-charlotte-wagnaria-3-anime/.89667
(see the last paragraph)

Their actual statement:
Quote:
God Eater will premiere on July 5 as a Daisuki exclusive and Durarara!!×2 Ten will premiere on July 4 on Hulu, Crunchyroll, Daisuki, and the Aniplex Channel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1