• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
redundant toei animation philippines page

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zerochitentoppakai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
same banana.

company#3609

company#5983

Toei Animation Philippines Inc.
they used to be credited as TAP, but more recently they've been written as Toei Phils. or Toei Animation Philippines in anime ed credits.

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/english/outline/affiliated_companies.php
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Fixed.

A note for future company submissions: please refrain from using 3-letter acronyms, as many different companies might share the same acronym.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
crx07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Note: Toei Animation Philippines is credited as either TAP, Toei Phils., or ティーエーピー.
All three names are still used on anime credits even on this day. I know only two anime that use the name Toei Phils as credit name (Dragon Ball Super and One Piece). Most anime use TAP and few use ティーエーピー.

Issues on moving the article TAP to Toei Animation Philippines:
1. Too many anime names to move from TAP. There are far more anime listed on TAP than Toei Animation Philippines.
2. Posting all credits under the name TAP is safer. We need to verify if the TAP on anime credits refers to Toei Animation Philippines. But I think it really refers to Toei Phils because on anime credits, only very few names that are using Latin alphabet. Also, TAP is already more than 25 years old, and (I think) is a very established name in the Japanese anime industry. The website of Toei Animation of Japan also abbreviates Toei Phils. as TAP.
3. (I observe that) they still use the name TAP for the most of anime even in the summer 2015 season. The only anime that I know that use Toei Phils. are the Dragon Ball series and One Piece.
4. Contributors continually put their entries to TAP. Many people are not aware that Toei Animation Philippines is TAP.

I wanna move the article TAP to Toei Animation Philippines but it is mendokusai(bothersome).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1