• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Adds 4 Dubbed Beyblade Series to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Ha! Screw those other Beyblade titles. They didn't hold a candle to the first original season, which far surpasses the rest of them. It was way cooler, too. Smile

In fact, I stopped watching Beyblade after Metal Fusion. That dub was like whoa! Mad

Last edited by Animechic420 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I remember only liking the first season, then they added awful CG in the second and third seasons.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget they changed the character designs to make them seem younger for some reason in the second and third seasons.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
The original is still the best, though season 2 and season 3 were good too. The other series with new characters weren't that good.
ETX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I have to keep reminding myself that the original 1st season of Beyblade was by Madhouse. Too bad it flopped which is why V-Force and G-Revolution were done by a different studio.
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I wish the series were subbed as well because it's essentially impossible to find subs for most of the Beyblade anime. Dubbed is better than nothing though.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
First 3 seasons of the original were best. The other series were trash.

Btw, no subs? D:
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName wrote:
I wish the series were subbed as well because it's essentially impossible to find subs for most of the Beyblade anime. Dubbed is better than nothing though.

you might as well forget that idea. this franchise is unfortunately suffering from the same kids show syndrome that have plagued pokemon and yugioh for years which is being licensed by god awful companies that have completely "Americanized" the series in an effort to pawned them off to kids in the 5-7 demograph.

and for the beyblade franchise, their western licenses is in a strangle hold than to Corus Ent's sister site Nelvana which is Canada's version of 4kids that made some otakus into sub only elitists thanks to their horrendous dubbing of card captors sakura.

so here's a bit of advice: do yourself a BIG favor and avoid their dub versions like the plague and this is from someone who is mainly a dub only pursuit.

just do like other otakus and stick to online fansubs until an North American official sub version is released or your able to find the Region 3 versions whether via online or import which have subs, but are rarely seen cause their done by animax asia which are downright atrocious since their the Asian version of 4kids and are rarely seen in western countries anyways cause their region locked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
First 3 seasons of the original were best. The other series were trash.

Btw, no subs? D:

Blame Nelvana, they still have the license & Crunchyroll got the series from Cinedigm (formerly New Video), the clowns who recently re-released the first season's dub on DVD and have done nothing with the rest other than release dub-only streams there & elsewhere.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
TamenishDragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:22 am Reply with quote
I remember this series from when I was a kid! I never liked it as much as Pokemon, but it still struck a chord with me. I used to collect the Beyblade spinning tops. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1