• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Myriad Colors Phantom World Anime's 2nd Promo Previews Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Let's see....

PLOT....PLOT everywhere!!!

According to the pv, The protagnoists are all "irregulars" and their team is the weakest of all...supposedly, pretty sure I have seen that somewhere this season.

That being said, Kyoani's adaptation on their own property will always always modify the original source, so there is hope.

Boob-bouncing/10, will watch.
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:48 am Reply with quote
KyoAni's comedy is usually super effective on me, and this PV gave me some laughs, so the show is earning points. Hopefully the direction will handle the drama way much better than in Beyond the Boundary, but looking at Ishihara's track record, there's some hope.

And blonde girl is... ehm... quite bendy... (10/10)
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:42 am Reply with quote
My my, looks like he have quite the "plot" here.

But seriously, is it just a curse that any time Kyoani does something with action it has to suck? (Ok I hear they did do something before beyond the boundary but I never saw it so I can't really judge) Just from looking at the poster it looks like the kind of show I automatically ignore and the PV didn't really do much to change my mind. I would watch the first episode but this only looks like the kind of show that will play exactly into my expectations on a first episode watch so I'll just wait and see if I hear anything interesting about it some time after it airs.
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
i'm pretty sure part a big part of the reason they're doing this series is because it is new ground for them. i'm looking forward to it : )
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
It looks worse and worse with every preview, good lord.
Welp, let's see how it goes.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
The visuals look great.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
What a great trailer that was. I was already sold, but I'm sold even more now.

Read at your own risk.

spoiler[Wow. Look at that deep throat. Plus, she swallows. Amazing.]
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I wonder if reputable companies like KyoAni just feel like testing their popularity now and then. Like, what if they are literally going to do a generic ecchi magical high school harem show, but are curious to see just how much more popular theirs will be over the other seasonal variants, because it has their name attached to it? I'm really not trying to put the show down or anything, it looks fine, but if it wasn't KyoAni, I wouldn't have it on my watchlist. So it makes me wonder how many other people are going to do the same.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
The story sounds kind of generic, but my god that animation is beautiful. Looks like a fun show too. I loved Beyond the Boundary as well, and don't really mind these school action series (even though I only watch them every one in a while) so I'm looking forward to this.
Suncraft

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Delicious fan service, I hope it keeps that up all around. And it looks pretty fun.

Always enjoyed KyoAni's anime more when they don't shy away from proper fan service because they can keep their quality up the whole season. The low quality fan service we often get from other studios just fall short.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
double post.... Embarassed

Last edited by relyat08 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
Suncraft wrote:
Awesome. Delicious fan service, I hope it keeps that up all around. And it looks pretty fun.

Always enjoyed KyoAni's anime more when they don't shy away from proper fan service because they can keep their quality up the whole season. The low quality fan service we often get from other studios just fall short.

That's actually a good point. Seeing well animated fan-service is way more entertaining than the typical choppy stuff that we get most of the time. I guess this will probably say a lot about me as a person, but some of my favorite scenes of animation by KyoAni would totally be considered fan-service. Like this one from Hyouka right here: https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/8703/animated-artist_unknown-fabric-hyouka

It doesn't only need to be well animated though, it needs to work with the series. I don't really just want a bunch of scenes of a girl falling on a guy, or vice versa... which, from the trailer, looks like it might be the kind of stuff that we will be getting... :/
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:08 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

It doesn't only need to be well animated though, it needs to work with the series. I don't really just want a bunch of scenes of a girl falling on a guy, or vice versa... which, from the trailer, looks like it might be the kind of stuff that we will be getting... :/

That's the one thing you have to appreciate Chuunibyou for that despite having a "harem-like" cast, it's mostly the girls that get the brunt of the comedic violence mostly on each other. I'm kind of banking Phantom World to do the same in equal-opportunity physical comedy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1