• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Favorite Winter 2016 Anime Theme Songs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
When was this poll taken? I am on ANN.com all day, and I usually never miss out on any content; weird.

Anyway, ERASED's opening theme is very solid. My favorite theme is the one for the OP of Snow White.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
When was this poll taken? I am on ANN.com all day, and I usually never miss out on any content; weird.

Anyway, ERASED's opening theme is very solid. My favorite theme is the one for the OP of Snow White.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-03-04/fans-pick-the-5-best-winter-2016-anime-theme-songs/.99413 link to the survey is at the end.

On the topic, I'm a fan of fripside and Kotoko, and I enjoy Schwarzesmarken and Aokana so I'm glad both theme songs got on the list. The rest would be my picks this season too. Not really enjoying Ajin and Dimension W but I have to admit the OP are nice.

Last edited by Takamachi Ryoko on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I'm a bit surprised with some that ranked but all in all pretty solid list although I thought that the at least one out of the Grimgar, Haikyuu and Mobile Suit Gundam : Iron-Blooded Orphans and Grimgar ending would make it

angelmcazares wrote:

The poll was linked inside the article for the Japanese poll results so unless you looked there you probably wouldn't have seen... and yeah I like the ERASED opening theme song too as well as both the opening and ending for Snow White with Red Hair
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, Aokana's ED is that popular? I'm watching and liking the show and I honestly don't remember what it sounds like whatsoever. Weird. Two of my choices are in the top ten (plus two that I would've voted for were we able to choose 5 songs instead of 3) so I'm glad with the results.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Same here, I'm on every day and never saw the poll though I remember giving the article it was buried in a quick glance. I wonder how many people actually took it since some of these don't even seem like popular titles?

There's something broken in the process when the results of a poll get its own post, but the poll itself doesn't. I bet a redo in a much more obvious poll would have radically different results.

Emerje

Last edited by Emerje on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Insanity. I love Ray and it's a good song, but hte opening is a bit better, Mami Kawada's final single: Contrail~軌跡~

That, and fhána's 虹を編めたら are easily the best IMO
WingKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Aokana's ED is good. I'm very surprised but pleased to see it make the list.

Also a fan of Dimension W's OP, so nice to see that get some love too.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Can't argue with #1, though it's the first time the animation of the OP itself was as key as the song to me.

Not sure how Myriad Colors's OP made it there, though; the visuals are nothing worth speaking of, and the song is inoffensive at best.

If only more people listened to Divine Gate's great OP ;_;
ChromeEagle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
So pleasantly surprised to see Ajin's OP on this list at all, considering hardly anyone I know is bothering to watch it this season. Great show though! The CG gives it character Cool
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the title and artist in the result, I've always wondered why they weren't included in the surveys.

Shouldn't the first link in the article be back to the article with the poll in it?

PS, the results of polls for the last 2 issues of The Set List were never published on ANN.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's the incoherence of the OP itself, but I wasn't that impressed by the fripside song from Schwarzesmarken. Throw it in with all the VN and anime songs from the rest of the Muv-Luv franchise and I don't think it would even make my top 20. Guess I'm in the minority here.

EDIT: Post 1000! And it only took me 12 years.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

There's something broken in the process when the results of a poll get its own post, but the poll itself doesn't. I bet a redo in a much more obvious poll would have radically different results.

The format is the same that has been used for our many other polls, like those from Charapedia, where we post the Japanese results and put the ANN poll in the last paragraph at the bottom. In this case, the article was two paragraphs.

The results wouldn't be vastly different. I'm guessing that readers are supposing that very few people participated because a few missed the link, but the number is the same as we typically get for The List polls (which are very clearly labeled each week and the column spends ample time in the side bar and/or marquee).

It's my understanding that a poll needs a sample size of around 50 before it can be considered conclusive, this one was well over that several times over.

omiya wrote:

Shouldn't the first link in the article be back to the article with the poll in it?

It is: http://4NN.cx/.99413.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
omiya wrote:

It is: http://4NN.cx/.99413.

Thanks, that's actually the second link (and in context it looked like it was pointing to the original Japanese article and not the ANN article) and I'm not sure why a shortened URL was used rather than one like this:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-03-04/fans-pick-the-5-best-winter-2016-anime-theme-songs/.99413
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Wait? Shouldn't it be Winter 2015?
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
Wait? Shouldn't it be Winter 2015?

No, winter is always dated by the start of the year, not the end. Out of the three months of the winter season it spends less than two weeks at the end of the year and the rest at the beginning of the following year.

So Winter 2015 would be the shows that started in December 2014.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2