• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Babymetal Idol Group Releases New Video, Late Show Appearance Possibly Cancelled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh, they're coming to Chicago the Friday before Anime Central instead of the Friday of Anime Central.

Too bad, as that would have been a sweet combo deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Ahhh, they're coming to Chicago the Friday before Anime Central instead of the Friday of Anime Central.

Too bad, as that would have been a sweet combo deal.

And with Miku Expo three days after ACen, that would have been a ridiculous week in Chicago.

Disappointed if the Colbert appearance has fallen through. He's had geeky enough musical guests (that Zelda symphony, for example) that Babymetal would've fit right in.
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I like their music. Its definitely an interesting mix of styles you typically won't hear anywhere else. I had one of my friends who loves metal music listen to it and he thought it was okay. Keep in mind this friend isn't into the manga/anime/Japanese culture scene, so this is a completely new experience for him.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, hopefully everything else goes well. I got my tickets for the May 4th concert in NYC. Now the question is will these old legs have the strength to RAVE.

Actually this will be my 4th time attending a Japanese performance. This will be my first 'Babymetal' concert.

2000's+ - Hono Daiko
2014 Morning Musume
2016 - TAO

And now 'Babymetal' all held in NYC.
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
I love them, they're surprisingly brutal for an idol group.

They have one hell of a lead guitarist shredding for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shadowypoet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
The listing of their Colbert appearance was taken down a month ago because it is a no-no for it to be listed so early. Unofficially, they are scheduled to appear on Colbert April 5th according to the article below.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-e/music/review-japanese-superstars-babymetal-to-release-metal-resistance/article/459773
DK1105

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
I bought tickets for their Detroit show the night they went on sale. I'm a huge metal head and travel for concerts all the time so I was really happy they were stopping so close to me. I just drove 300 miles each way to go see Helloween in Cleveland a few weeks ago. More than anything I'm super curious on how the audience is going to be. My guess is about a 50/50 split with Anime fans and traditional metal heads.

It is still fun to watch half the metal community think Babymetal is one of the greatest things ever and half think it's going to ruin everything and needs to be stop. Personally I'm all for anything that will introduce someones little sister to Carass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1