• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Girls & Panzer Helps Ōarai Spring Matsuri Festa Draw 80,000

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Gotta love those well-made tanks on display! Smile

I also find it awesome that the band found an opportunity to squeeze in a few songs of Micheal Jackson (R.I.P.).
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
Wow! 80,000! It's so heartening to see so many people attending, though I'm not too sure all of them were there for GuP. Still, while I'm not that big of a fan of the series, I wish I could have been a part of the festivities! (^.^)
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Wow! 80,000! It's so heartening to see so many people attending, though I'm not too sure all of them were there for GuP. Still, while I'm not that big of a fan of the series, I wish I could have been a part of the festivities! (Anime smallmouth)

Yeah, it says the event drew 50,000 before integrating GaruPan, so clearly a sizable number would've been there's anyway. Still, 25,000 or so from GaruPan would be an impressive turnout nonetheless. If a little over 20k were there for GaruPan, that alone would be enough people to be one of the top ten North American anime conventions in 2015.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1