• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress/Idol Suzuko Mimori Caught Ring-Handed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
That industry is cancer
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
She has a ring on her finger? I can't masturbate to this!
ThisPhoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote
It's funny that idols can't even get into a relationship. It's sad.

They are humans too, thus they are "imperfect"/"impure" by nature! If idol fans want to praise someone "perfect"/"pure", then it's better if they praised something that isn't real.

That aside, if Kawada Mami retired from singing because of this "rule", then I wouldn't be surprised but I would be extremely pissed off (I really like her singing voice and her style of music).
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Unless she has an incredibly extremely unusual contract, nobody is banning Mimorin from getting married, it's extremely tiresome to constantly see these articles imply things that aren't true so the readers can feel smug. Seeing someone famous with a ring unannounced will always cause a stir.

Although on the other hand she is selling what is by all indications one of the most fake images in the industry so it's up to her if she wants to maintain that illusion.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
And so a fashion statement is now akin to a crime? BS Evil or Very Mad
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
ANN, your fascination with idols is leading you more and more to accidentally expose the industry's problems. Good for you, chief.
HatsuRobin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
At least she answered in a quite original way
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw the title I thought she had been arrested for something Embarassed.

Though that Mimori-san being caught with a possible wedding ring caused some kind of scandal is just ridiculous. The whole idol culture that prevents people from having lives and relationships like normal human beings is ridiculous Rolling Eyes.

You have to wonder how many Seiyuu or idols have to remove their wedding rings or pretend not to be married just to continue working and avoid bad press Sad.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
jirg1901 wrote:
Unless she has an incredibly extremely unusual contract, nobody is banning Mimorin from getting married, it's extremely tiresome to constantly see these articles imply things that aren't true so the readers can feel smug. Seeing someone famous with a ring unannounced will always cause a stir.

A lot of Japanese idol contracts do include that clause and being caught having a boy/girlfriend or getting married can ruin a career.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:08 pm Reply with quote
She's nearly finished her stint as part of Love Live! so hopefully she will be free to do what she wants with her personal life in the near future. As a fan of the franchise, I am incredibly embarrassed by some of the fans. Maki's seiyuu posted a photo with Glenn from The Walking Dead on Instagram and some of the comments gave me so much second hand embarrassment. These aren't animated girls, these are real people. I find it incredibly worrying that people are so obsessive/possessive over them.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Aya Hirano experienced a falling out with her fans of the worst kind after she was perceived as too open about her sex life and preferences on television.

I had heard rumblings about Aya Hirano and her falling out of favor, but seriously, THIS is what landed her in hot water? That's so silly!

Good on this idol for responding with appropriate blasé.
Blue21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
When I first saw the title I thought she had been arrested for something Embarassed.

The socially retarded fans obsessed with purity probably want her to...
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
After this incident prompted an outburst of rage and dismay, Mimori dismissed it on her Twitter account

Rage? RAGE? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Do these standards vary from person to person? Shoko Nakagawa has mentioned having boyfriends and constantly talks about sex, but fans love the hell out of her.

Last edited by v1cious on Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
ThisPhoenix wrote:

That aside, if Kawada Mami retired from singing because of this "rule", then I wouldn't be surprised but I would be extremely pissed off (I really like her singing voice and her style of music).

Kawada Mami wasn't an "idol" really. She was a pop singer, that touched borders with other genres like rock at times (I love that she played guitar in some concerts). I highly doubt her reason is because of that. It wouldn't even make sense. She could easily just let her contract expire, get married and get a contract with another label without that clause...I'm sure there's other labels that would absolutely love to have her. She seemed to love singing, so really I'm thinking it might be a health thing, though I absolutely hope it's not. She's still writing music for Ray so at least she's not "going away" in all forms.

whiskeyii wrote:

I had heard rumblings about Aya Hirano and her falling out of favor, but seriously, THIS is what landed her in hot water? That's so silly!

Aya Hirano's case was VERY different...in that she was rumored to have slept with multiple people. That's obviously morally wrong in many cultures, religions, ect ect...it's far and beyond "Breaking the rules". But I'm not saying I side with the companies or anything like that...just that it was a much "worse" case. In the end, the fans are the cause of these problems.
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
jirg1901 wrote:

A lot of Japanese idol contracts do include that clause and being caught having a boy/girlfriend or getting married can ruin a career.

We're talking about a 29 year old seiyuu managed by a trading card company, not an Up-Front Group idol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3