• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Berserk Anime's Promo Features Susumu Hirasawa's Insert Song

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
Well this could of been worse but I guess it's what they came up with, something that will need some time to adapt to. Also heard it might be 24 episodes recently.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Well this could of been worse but I guess it's what they came up with, something that will need some time to adapt to. Also heard it might be 24 episodes recently.

This is unacceptable. They need to stop with this CG BS for Berserk. I actually hope nobody watches / buys this.
xMemorie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting full CGI but fudge it, I'm gonna watch it anyways. Knights of Sidonia and Ajin are at least 8/10 for me so I'm hyped for this upcoming Berserk adaptation.
Bugypad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:11 am Reply with quote
I have to say, this looks surprisingly good, expecially the Art Style. There isnt much CG in this Trailer, but what i saw, looks good.
xMemorie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

This is unacceptable. They need to stop with this CG BS for Berserk. I actually hope nobody watches / buys this.

Stop spouting your close minded bs and accept it. If you don't like, don't watch it. Most people will watch it anyways. There're enough people out there, who have no problem or bias like you, when it comes to CGI like me. I'd prefer 2D animation as well, but you can't help it. It's the easiest way to animate a detailed series like that.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
Well, it's looks like NOT the full CGI series (like Polygon Pictures or Sanzigen series), but 3D CG combined with the 2D shading and some drawn shots. Puck scene looks like totally 2D.

Ulinox wrote:

It could be much, much worse in the first place.

Last edited by WANNFH on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
I don't think I'll watch it. The CG looks seriously bad. I guess I'll still check out an episode once it airs but I, but with CG anime I usually dismiss them after 1 episode.

You know what, I'll just go read the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Ulinox wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Stop spouting your close minded bs and accept it. If you don't like, don't watch it. Most people will watch it anyways. There're enough people out there, who have no problem or bias like you, when it comes to CGI like me. I'd prefer 2D animation as well, but you can't help it. It's the easiest way to animate a detailed series like that.

You're right, they're doing it the easy way and the Berserk fans are the ones who pay. Why should anyone bother when they're clearly not putting an effort into it and making it look better? The CG is blatant in every scene, it's disgusting to look at. Take any mainstream anime show, I bet you it doesn't have worse CG than the new Berserk anime. The PVs look just like the BvS trailers to me. Like it's going to be a trainwreck.
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:22 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Ulinox wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Exactly ! yes, I do prefer 2d drawn animation but that doesn't mean that I hate CG or that I think it's bad. heck, I think Nobunaga Concerto looked BEAUTIFUL in the new CGI method that they used in it and I wouldn't have preferred it any other way. To me it's 99% story +voice acting + soundtrack +pacing and then 1% animation (I still REALLY appreciate good animation, I just don't like to judge a whole series depending on it)
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:26 am Reply with quote
I really think Liden should have followed the direction A-1 are taking with cgi. have your cgi and draw over it with 2d like they did in Grimgar for the backgrounds. it works. still gonna watch this tho
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote
As far as the "look" there's worse CGI out there (cough Ajin cough), but the movements look as wonky as can be expected. The whatever Chain Knights looked terrible. I don't know who decided CGI was the way to go for this series, but I hope a crow will shit on their lunch or something.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Bugypad wrote:
I have to say, this looks surprisingly good, expecially the Art Style. There isnt much CG in this Trailer, but what i saw, looks good.
I like what little there was too. It looks unique but the character design looks more like the manga than the films & seems to be going for that feel. I'm tired of most shows looking the same. It is not much to go on though but with Miura as executive supervisor I'm optimistic.
ikramit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:37 am Reply with quote
Look cgi in of itself is not the problem the problem is simply put the CGI here looks like crap look at those skeletons look at the jerky animation compare it to the hand drawn stuff here and in the other PV and tell me its in any way up to par with that stuff. Anime is a visual medium if the animation is not up to par then whats the point of watching the anime or the point of it being made in the first place why not read the manga instead. Also if your making a bad product and expecting me to put money down for it and I cant be angry about that then its you whose being close minded here not me. As a fan I like the things attached to berserk to reflect well on it. Also there's potential here we all know it, is it being fulfilled to its fullest here hell no why cant I be displeased with that. I' m sick to death of bad adaptations and the people who makes excuses for them even worse are those who say we should be happy that they took something I liked and degraded it. If something had the potential to be so much more and in the end ends up being so little whats their to celebrity expect the slow death of a medium by a 100,000 corners being cut and complete lack of care wheres the artistry in that what the point.

Last edited by ikramit on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:54 am; edited 4 times in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Thank you, I'm sick of this black and white attitude that comes up every time CG is present. I'm sure most of us here prefer 2D, but we can't have everything perfect.

The sad thing is no mater how well this adapts the Manga, from now until long after the show has ended, the only thing that will be brought up is how bad the CG is.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't even wish this on the worst manga I've ever read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8