• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: S. California's UTB Airs Love Live! Anime Starting on Friday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Even if this isn't a prank, I live in So Cal and don't get that channel so in a different way it is still a naughty joke on me ><
Seiru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this again.It's been a while so it'll be refreshing seeing it again.I was sort of wary since it's on April Fools but they do air Detective Conan and used to air other anime so it isn't their first time doing this. Smile
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote
Very Happy

Last edited by Hongqilim on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Hongqilim on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
BakuformerAnime

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
Subtitled? Aw man, I want to watch the dub. Sad
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
BakuformerAnime wrote:

You probably don't get Mnet America, do you? They're actually still playing the dub, though it's been a while since anyone (if not everyone) cared.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:23 am Reply with quote
Well, that's something out of the blue that UTB has picked up, at least yes, I can watch it though, but this isn't unusual, they now have Astro Boy on the block, along with the continuation of Case Closed/Detective Conan.

Mind though they also used to show back catalog from Bandai (Haruhi, Eureka Seven, Etc.) and Nozomi (The Third, Etc.) titles. Along with the entire 3 seasons of Lupin the 3rd even, lol. (Of course there was plenty UTB showed in their Anime catalog back then daily (with the Ultraman series for Live-Action), but now its only on certain days.)
chex mix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:42 am Reply with quote
Is this one of those channels you have to have a Comcast affiliate service or a satellite service to get? I don't see it on our extended tiers anywhere.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
chex mix wrote:
Is this one of those channels you have to have a Comcast affiliate service or a satellite service to get? I don't see it on our extended tiers anywhere.

Unless you live in the SoCal area, its available on your digital receiver on channel 18.2, and also on Cox Cable ch480. (More info... -> http://utbhollywood.com/en/howtowatch/)

Just be warned that this channel is only available in the SoCal region only, and not in other regions or states, sorry. >.>
chex mix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:11 am Reply with quote
^^ I did read the article, so, yes, I know where I live. Laughing

I have Cox, so I'll just have to check again. Cox gets shafted on stuff every so often nowadays since Comcast bought both Time Warner and Universal, hence my assumption. It doesn't ultimately matter since I'm not upgrading my cable tier, but I was still curious.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
When I used to live in SoCal the programming that UTB would get wasn't that great, all I would really watch would be Aibo and the yearly taiga drama. The channel's anime selection either wasn't that great or on at a time where I was unavailable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BakuformerAnime

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
BakuformerAnime wrote:

You probably don't get Mnet America, do you? They're actually still playing the dub, though it's been a while since anyone (if not everyone) cared.
Unfortunately, No. I wish Mnet America goes to Directv.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Unless you live in the SoCal area, its available on your digital receiver on channel 18.2, and also on Cox Cable ch480. (More info... -> http://utbhollywood.com/en/howtowatch/)

Just be warned that this channel is only available in the SoCal region only, and not in other regions or states, sorry. >.>

Dangit, it's one of those decimal-point stations. I use the DISH Network, so I only get access to integers for channel numbers.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Dangit, it's one of those decimal-point stations. I use the DISH Network, so I only get access to integers for channel numbers.

You can easily just use a plain old antenna and watch it from any flatscreen HD TV and just watch it from there. (Unless its an old non-flatscreen tv, then yeah, you'll have to get a digital receiver/box/etc.)

Though yeah, switching wires between Antenna and Dish is probably a chore. As I've said before, UTB is a SoCal area channel only.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
All right then. Yeah, switching between them would be quite the chore, and I don't think it'll be worth the trouble. (I'm not even sure our TV even has a coaxial outlet.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1