• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Big Order Fantasy Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
DAMMIT FUNIMATION!!!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU CRUNCHYROLL
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Okay this is seriously turning into a joke I mean seriously crunchyrolled all over and it's not even funi.. Mation .
Maybe they're putting their money and efforts into the new apps and website but seriously all they have left now is flying witch but I swear crunchy prolly has an announcement saying they're steaming that too if only someone else had kabaneri that would make this a great season good job cr
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
Okay this is seriously turning into a joke I mean seriously crunchyrolled all over and it's not even funi.. Mation .
Maybe they're putting their money and efforts into the new apps and website but seriously all they have left now is flying witch but I swear crunchy prolly has an announcement saying they're steaming that too if only someone else had kabaneri that would make this a great season good job cr

I have some strange feeling that Funimation has the licensing and dubbing rights but the streaming rights are owned by Amazon, similar to Knights of Sidonia, Glitter Force, and The Seven Deadly Sins. After all, this is Wit Studio, so expect Funimation to do SOMETHING.
Grendel8
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:

Yes, Crunchyroll is streaming that also.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I'm sure that FUNimation is going to dub some of these series. Otherwise, that would be an incredibly pitiful array from them this year.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes…Yes… My streaming dreams for the season have been nearly fulfilled spoiler[(sans Kabaneri, which lies beyond the giant wall that is Amazon Prime… Razz)]…. Very Happy

As for FUNimation not getting this: while they could always license Big Order in the future, keep in mind that fellow Esuno series, The Future Diary, did not do too well for them, IIRC. But, if this means that BO spoiler[(ur…)] won't get the same dub treatment, then so be it…

…And their lack of simulcasts this season: It happens every so often. I wouldn't get that bent out of shape over it. Didn't they out-grab CR not too long ago (maybe not to this extent, but still…)?

…And not getting Kabaneri: Amazon has far deeper pockets than FUNimation does. Hard to say what they will do beyond the stream, though I think they will go the L.A. route should they dub it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ninjajake12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:41 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Yes…Yes… My streaming dreams for the season have been nearly fulfilled spoiler[(sans Kabaneri, which lies beyond the giant wall that is Amazon Prime… Razz)]…. Very Happy

As for FUNimation not getting this: while they could always license Big Order in the future, keep in mind that fellow Esuno series, The Future Diary, did not do too well for them, IIRC. But, if this means that BO spoiler[(ur…)] won't get the same dub treatment, then so be it…

…And their lack of simulcasts this season: It happens every so often. I wouldn't get that bent out of shape over it. Didn't they out-grab CR not too long ago (maybe not to this extent, but still…)?

…And not getting Kabaneri: Amazon has far deeper pockets than FUNimation does. Hard to say what they will do beyond the stream, though I think they will go the L.A. route should they dub it.

I'm under the impression that Funimation spent a LOT of resources to get 'Academia'. So much so that they had to let many other titles fall through the cracks. At the same time, it's a win-lose situation, because Funi got the most anticipated series this season in 'Academia', so I'm sure they aren't too disappointed in their haul. CR stepped up this time around, but the power is ever-changing.
HikariGo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
So Funimation has Boku no Hero Academia, Amazon have Kabaneri and Crunchyroll has Re:Zero, so each has a likely big hit this season.

Crunchyroll though also has Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, Sakamoto, Ace Attorney etc.

Crunchyroll easily won this season, for a while I thought they might have a lot less due to increased competition and rising licensing costs.

Hate to imagine how much Funimation had to pay for Boku no Hero Academia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1