• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dance in the Vampire Bund's Tamaki Starts New Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
Saw this was getting bigged up on Twitter quite a bit, might have to check it out.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
DitVB is one of my all-time favorite manga, despite Scarlet Order's unfortunately messy and extraneous conclusion. Tamaki is a fantastic artist and a fairly talented writer, so I'm hoping this winds up being good. And that it gets picked up by a Western company!
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Fab news. Love this guys works. Shame he ended Scarlet Order the way he did as it was clear it was going to go on for much longer. Not sure if the publisher forced his hand due to low sales or his choice though.

Anyway hope this gets picked up, sadly few of his works get licensed over here.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay so Vampire Bund is over, but WTF happened to Angel Para Bellum. I mean they published like 2 issues and that was it. It wasn't even done yet.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Okay so Vampire Bund is over, but WTF happened to Angel Para Bellum. I mean they published like 2 issues and that was it. It wasn't even done yet.

Seven Seas said that the series moved to a different magazine and the publisher of that magazine did not want to license any series outside Japan. Since Seven Seas have not put out anymore I guess that the situation has not changed which is unfortunate.

That might not be 100% accurate as I can't remember the full, exact details but that was basically why.
B-K201

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
This series deserves a Reboot followed by implementing this latest manga making it a 26er!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Seven Seas said that the series moved to a different magazine and the publisher of that magazine did not want to license any series outside Japan. Since Seven Seas have not put out anymore I guess that the situation has not changed which is unfortunate.

That might not be 100% accurate as I can't remember the full, exact details but that was basically why.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that sucks. I'm fully aware when that happens. Author starts out with one pub and then has to reboot the series with another. But that sucks that the company won't release an titles outside. Oh well. I really wanted to see where the story was going too.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Loved Dance in the Vampire Bund so I'll check this out.

B-K201 wrote:
This series deserves a Reboot followed by implementing this latest manga making it a 26er!

Yeah, it'd be great if they were to do another anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1