• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Future GPX Cyber Formula Zero Inspires New Merch Ahead of 2017

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The Zero OVA is probably my favorite among the series, it has some shocking factor, great antagonist (Henri), and great progression.

Also a bit typo, but the second is not from Naoki Shinjyo, but from Bleed Kaga.

I want these earrings so bad.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
The franchise was popular enough to total 65 episodes. On the link to the merchandise, I saw a picture of Chucky from "Child's Play". What diversity!
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:46 am Reply with quote
Why Zero? Obviously because it's the last good Future GPX Cyber Formula anime.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:41 am Reply with quote
You guys are reaaaaally slow announcing this Laughing But forgive you. Geh, expensive coat. Maybe I can be the only chick in my country to have this coat. Decisions....

There's alot of CF passion among Japan as Zero, I believe, aired some time ago? Or there was some kind of event?

I can only pray that....there can be a new work in the future.
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Why Zero? Obviously because it's the last good Future GPX Cyber Formula anime.

Really? I actually enjoyed Sin. At least they made a series that focuses on Kaga.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
bacondreamer wrote:

Really? I actually enjoyed Sin. At least they made a series that focuses on Kaga.

I have mixed things, aside of the change of art thing and the "nerf" of some aspects of writing, I didn't like the excess of Drama of the last bunch of OVA, albeit SIN at least shifted main characters. However, some things are only understandable if you saw or listened some extra material, for example Aya Stanford's entire presence and spoiler[what was the deal with Kaga's dead friend Aizawa] and how Shiba and Yuki (the original Lena Sayers from Mai series) were cameo-ed.

Even if spoiler[Hayato and Asurada were super broken in SIN, the biggest disadvantage was the new machine stuff by GIO, the Ogre did show otherwise, I adored the way how they made Ogre a thing to be reckoned with, especially at the end when Kaga finally settled the score], not sure if copied that in Gundam Seed (Ironically my most hated gundam ever. I liked Cross Ange Rondo of Dragons and spoiler[Yuri] better.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1