• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anthem of the Heart Has 2016's Highest 1st-Week Sales for Anime Films Thus Far

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
With GuP and The first monogatari movie coming this year, it has no chance of holding that 'record'.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
Why is that significant? It's also one of the first anime movies to be released. This just sounds like more of that patented Aniplex stealth marketing and forgive me public dick waving to give it exposure (and looking at the source article the piece does indeed come straight from their own propaganda machine)and as the person above me points out it has no chance of keeping that record with the Monogatari movie and especially Girls Und Panzer considering the latter already has over 100,000 estimated preorders for the BD alone and still has about 50 days to go till release

Also where is ANN getting this near 30K BD number for first week? I go to the BD article and I get 23,000 for the limited edition plus another 3300 for the normal edition which gives me 26,300 which is well short of the 29,666 reported. Also the article forgot to add up Arpeggio's BD total which is about 17500 +3,300 again for normal which would give it about 20,800 or 21,000 rounded off. This is all fact check able off of the ANN website itself so unless I'm missing something this just seems like really sloppy reporting. What it almost looks like happened was ANN somehow added Anthem's normal BD tally to it's limited tally twice and forgot to do so with Arpeggio at all but even then that still brings us up about 42 units short of the 29,666 number.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I aws going to get a copy but Rightstuf seems to be out when I looked earlier in the week. It does seem early in the year to make such a claim, though.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Even if it is early to make such a bold claim, the fact remains that I thought this movie was absolutely amazing and well deserving of such numbers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1