• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tubi TV Streaming Platform Adds Sentai Filmworks Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
This is not the page you are looking for.

Seems they have already invented region locks Confused
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
15 days after the Japanese airing? 31 days? Ouch.
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
A lot of their current anime titles (https://tubitv.com/category/500028/anime) seem to be from the Manga and Nozomi catalogs. Still, good to see Millennium Actress is streaming somewhere.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
azabaro wrote:
A lot of their current anime titles (https://tubitv.com/category/500028/anime) seem to be from the Manga and Nozomi catalogs. Still, good to see Millennium Actress is streaming somewhere.

I believe they put Millenium Actress on Youtube for free.

Does the "Samsung" include Smart TV? Is that a has-been? Seems no company is bothering with it any more, crunchyroll has been gone for a while.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm just trying to figure out why they have M.D. Geist. I can't imagine there's much demand for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Will they air the dubs like cross ange, log horizon, and black bullet or is the only way to get them thru blue ray? The animenetwork doesnt have all their dubs for streaming.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
15 days after the Japanese airing? 31 days? Ouch.

There's a CR embargo on all Sentai licenses and it's always been in effect across all platforms except their own- though I don't think Sentai gets any money from viewings from their site. I never understood how that worked or why Sentai would even bother simulcasting dual licensed shows under their requirements.

Wait, how do shows get dual licensed anyway?

This Is still better than the Anime Network where you have to pay for the honor of being 30 days behind... Or Hulu where they no longer stream new stuff at all. Anything that stops CR from being a monopoly is good in my book. so I'm going to try it out.... four weeks from now?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:
Will they air the dubs like cross ange, log horizon, and black bullet or is the only way to get them thru blue ray? The animenetwork doesnt have all their dubs for streaming.

The Anime Network has the dub of the first Log Horizon series available for streaming for subscribers.

I believe the last new dub TAN may have put up was back in January (for No Game No Life), so I can't say I'm that hopeful.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

The Anime Network has the dub of the first Log Horizon series available for streaming for subscribers.

I believe the last new dub TAN may have put up was back in January (for No Game No Life), so I can't say I'm that hopeful.

Ya I know log horizons first is there, I was just giving out random animes. Like Parayste the maxim isnt there whereas a anime like needless is, just wish sentai had a streaming method for dubs not named parasyte or akame ga kill which were on toonami. Funimation has their subscription method for steaming, and aniplex has netflix, sentai needs something to.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Wish the app was available for Playstation 3, 4, and Vita users.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I was having fun watching Tanaka-kun on my Smart TV but the subs kept disappearing and then were gone for a full minute, same for Flying Witch. Dx

If they could fix that and add more shows it would be really cool because I don't know of another app that has anime except maybe Crackle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1