Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 3 Anime Adds Kana Hanazawa as Chiaki Nanami




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1277
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
best girl is back?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navycherub



Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 232
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
Am I missing something or is this gonna take some really specific explaining?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BalmungHHQ



Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Posts: 176
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:18 am Reply with quote
navycherub wrote:
Am I missing something or is this gonna take some really specific explaining?

Oh trust me, this news has taken everyone by surprise. Her unexpected presence is bound to play some kind of crazy part in this story.

These two Danganronpa 3 series' are turning out to be more and more interesting, lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SquadmemberRitsu



Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 1384
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
On one hand I welcome this seeing as she's my favourite character in the entire Danganronpa series.

On the other... OH BOY this is going to take some explaining.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aster Selene



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
I mean the easiest explanation is that spoiler[nobody ever said a girl named Chiaki Nanami doesn't actually exist].
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scherzo



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Is it too much to hope that NISA dubs this instead of Funimation? I much prefer NISA's dubs for the DR games than Funimation's for the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1277
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Scherzo wrote:
Is it too much to hope that NISA dubs this instead of Funimation? I much prefer NISA's dubs for the DR games than Funimation's for the series.

on the bright side Bryce Papenbrook and Johnny Yong Bosh are probably going to be the two VAs that will come back as they voice Makoto and Hajime respectively (and Bryce was also Nagito but I hate that psychotic little fudge)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Happiness for Subaru



Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 242
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:
I mean the easiest explanation is that spoiler[nobody ever said a girl named Chiaki Nanami doesn't actually exist].

I'm confident that Chiaki said spoiler[she doesn't exist], but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cetais



Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 505
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]
In the beginning of DR2, this wasn't because of Monokuma, it was because of spoiler[getting into the Neo World Program.Monokuma can only erase memories (in DR1) nothing more.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panzer Vor



Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 648
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Call me when they bring back Christine Cabanos as Chiaki Nanami.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aster Selene



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:
I mean the easiest explanation is that spoiler[nobody ever said a girl named Chiaki Nanami doesn't actually exist].

I'm confident that Chiaki said spoiler[she doesn't exist], but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]


What I mean is that spoiler[the "Nanami" in 2 most certainly is an AI and does not actually exist as a human, but since 3 is a prequel it doesn't preclude the existence of a girl bearing her name and title, and potentially getting killed.]

I might be reading into this too much, but the website profile mentions Nanami is having a favorite game she particularly likes; in 2 she didn't seem to ever voice a particular preference unless I'm remembering wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scherzo



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Call me when they bring back Christine Cabanos as Chiaki Nanami.


If Funi gets their grubby hands on, that ain't happening. And then we'll never get more spoiler[A.I.!Madoka D:][/spoiler]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Faeris



Joined: 22 Mar 2016
Posts: 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
*reads the news*

WHAT???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Faeris



Joined: 22 Mar 2016
Posts: 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:
I mean the easiest explanation is that spoiler[nobody ever said a girl named Chiaki Nanami doesn't actually exist].

I'm confident that Chiaki said spoiler[she doesn't exist], but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]


What I mean is that spoiler[the "Nanami" in 2 most certainly is an AI and does not actually exist as a human, but since 3 is a prequel it doesn't preclude the existence of a girl bearing her name and title, and potentially getting killed.]

I might be reading into this too much, but the website profile mentions Nanami is having a favorite game she particularly likes; in 2 she didn't seem to ever voice a particular preference unless I'm remembering wrong.


what if spoiler[she was actually a girl that had a tragic ending? I mean, she is an AI later on but do we specifically know that she wasn't based on a actual human being? (or did they rule it out? maybe I'm forgetting something here)]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panzer Vor



Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 648
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote
Scherzo wrote:
If Funi gets their grubby hands on, that ain't happening. And then we'll never get more spoiler[A.I.!Madoka D:]

Then again, Funimation was able to have Christine Cabanos reprise Nepgear for the Neptunia anime, so who knows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group