Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Dub D.Gray-man, Servamp, Zestiria, Danganronpa 3, Arslan, Love Live! Sunshine, M


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11470
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Huh interesting. Well personally, I'm looking forward to the Zestiria dub to compared to the game. Might look forward to Danganronpa 3 too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CapNatsukiSan



Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Huh interesting. Well personally, I'm looking forward to the Zestiria dub to compared to the game. Might look forward to Danganronpa 3 too.


I just hope that they retain the cast from the game's original English dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CapNatsukiSan



Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how Funimation keeps this up...I count at least a dozen broadcast dubs. I hope this means they are striving to expand their talent pool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blatch
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Northeast U.S.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea how they're going to pull these off if they can't even get their simulcasts published without constant mistakes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AnimeLordLuis



Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Posts: 1626
Location: The Borderlands of Pandora
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Damn I didn't expect Funimation to announce there simudub list this soon. Well just about every show that I'm currently watching on Funimation is getting a simudub this season all except Regalia of the three sacred stars which is a shame since I really like that show oh well hopefully it will be dubbed for the home video release also Looking forward to the Love Live! Sunshine!! Dub. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Parsifal24



Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
I don't understand why they chose to dub Love Live Sunshine, it's great for fans who want a dub but it just seems baffling to me as it's a franchise built around the Japanese voice actresses and their performances. More power to them if it can be pulled off, Is this going to be like the Angel Beats dub where the music is left in Japanese but subtitled?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DDragonking



Joined: 14 Nov 2014
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Damn didn't think they'd announce the dub list so soon lol Shocked Wonder what they'll show on dubbletalk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
So it's official...Funimation has actually picked up Love Live Sunshine, and there will be an English version for it... Now I wonder how they'll handle it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zoneflare



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 466
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
Parsifal24 wrote:
I don't understand why they chose to dub Love Live Sunshine, it's great for fans who want a dub but it just seems baffling to me as it's a franchise built around the Japanese voice actresses and their performances. More power to them if it can be pulled off, Is this going to be like the Angel Beats dub where the music is left in Japanese but subtitled?


Well Love Live was dubbed also so its no surprise that people would want Sunshine dubbed as well. As for the music I think we wont know till the home release if the song with be dubbed or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
belvadeer



Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 4678
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
Man, Funi's certainly keeping busy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 6773
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
As for the music I think we wont know till the home release if the song with be dubbed or not.

I'm assuming they're going to go the NISA route and leave the songs raw. However, I'll be pleasantly surprised if Funimation does decide to produce English versions of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapNatsukiSan



Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
I have no idea how they're going to pull these off if they can't even get their simulcasts published without constant mistakes. Rolling Eyes


:/ That's like blaming the animators for a mistake made by a script writer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoamFree



Joined: 23 Mar 2014
Posts: 39
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:29 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:
As for the music I think we wont know till the home release if the song with be dubbed or not.

I'm assuming they're going to go the NISA route and leave the songs raw. However, I'll be pleasantly surprised if Funimation does decide to produce English versions of them.


Well, if they can negotiate with Lantis Records then we may get official dubs of Aqours' growing discography. I wouldn't mind that at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuchessBianca



Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 562
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
More great news from my favorite anime company Anime smile 99.9% of the time I pretty much always wait until an animes out on home video and blind buy it as it's impossible for me to dislike something but I'm going to have to make an exception and sub to funi to hear these broadcast dubs! As a massive Love Live fangirl Sunshine getting broadcast dubbed is amazing and with Tales being my favorite video game series I'm really excited for that as well along with many other titles. Keep it up Funi going yo watch some of the simuldubs and buy the rest when they release on bluray Anime smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Futago_101



Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:42 am Reply with quote
CapNatsukiSan wrote:
I just hope that they retain the cast from the game's original English dub.


"This dub premiere episode is a preliminary version created exclusively for this Anime Expo premiere, and some of the performances and casting will be changed for the final dub version."

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/07/01/special-worldwide-sneak-peek-english-dub-premiere-of-tales-of-zestiria-the-x-only-at-anime-expo/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group