• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Hunter D Comic Kickstarter Reaches Initial Goal & 1st Stretch Goal

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdeaOfEvil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:42 am Reply with quote
Isn't DPM's manga cancelled?
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
IdeaOfEvil wrote:
Isn't DPM's manga cancelled?

Yes, that's what Digital Manga said last year. Very unfortunate for people who bought the manga adaptation since they did 7 out of the 8 volumes in English. eManga offers it digitally in a few other languages from different publishers too. But, eManga is not up to date either, and I don't know if they will add more Vampire Hunter D volumes. They haven't in over two years.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
I was interested in this Kickstarter but I'm having difficulty working up the enthusiasm for stickers, tattoos, buttons, patches, and...a bravery medal. Really, I'm not 5yrs old and I wouldn't know what to do with that stuff. The jewelry doesn't really do it for me either, but I do think there are fans out there who would be genuinely interested in that, maybe even add it to their cosplay.

I have to say I'm a little surprised at the Pathfinder stretch goal. I haven't played table top rpgs in years and between anime, manga, books, music, movies, and the occasional video game (steam or smart phone) there isn't a heck of a lot of time for that. Many of my friends who are still into those kinds of games are anywhere from late 30s to 60yrs of age with jobs and families. They only have time for their one hobby and the market for these games has shrunk, so again a little surprised that it was the first stretch goal.

The hand is not a bad idea and if they offered a figure or two it would be even better. I'm not too excited about the cover art for the print. D looks too muscularly large and more like a superhero. I actually like the visual development piece by Christopher Shy better. I still may go for this just because it would be nice to get some signatures, but I'm lukewarm because of what I've seen of the cover art, the interior art and rewards.

Obviously other people dig it cause its at $60,304 with 25 days to go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1