Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Reveals English Dub Cast for World War Blue Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gemnist



Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 1409
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:13 am Reply with quote
Holy crap, Y Chang is doing dubs now? I knew Nathan Sharp, Amanda Lee, and Morgan Berry are going into dubs but this is AWESOME! Give us Danny Alvarez and I will probably geek my head off,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fenrin



Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 444
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:41 am Reply with quote
So Y. Chang is finally getting into dubbing huh. I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner how much of a fit he is for this job. I think I'll watch this just to hear his voice.
It makes me all fuzzy inside to be seeing some of my favorite utaite/youtaite contribute to anime lately, whether by providing the op/ed or voice acting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
makotothedriller



Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quote
so is it just me or does it bother anyone else that brittany lauda has directed every new media blasters dub & she also happens to have a fairly big voice role in every single one? seriously she was in holy knight, ladies versus butlers, judenchan, rio rainbow gate & now this not to mention that she was one of the only 2 actors announced for their my wife is the student council president dub Confused

kinda feels like weve gone back in time to the 90s when there werent that many voice actors to go around
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prime_pm



Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Posts: 2019
Location: Your Mother's Bedroom
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:07 am Reply with quote
Well it's Media Blasters today, so to their credit there probably isn't. Most of the dub jobs have moved out to either LA or Texas. Even Jessica Calvello moved back after working in NY for so long. Media Blasters is just not what it used to be.

I do wonder what happened to Rachel Lillis and Veronica Taylor though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood-



Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 20224
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
edited because I'm feeling marginally less bitchy than when I first woke up this morning. This title didn't do much for me when I watched it subbed on CR as it came out but good news for those who do like it.

Last edited by Blood- on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
makotothedriller



Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Well it's Media Blasters today, so to their credit there probably isn't. Most of the dub jobs have moved out to either LA or Texas. Even Jessica Calvello moved back after working in NY for so long. Media Blasters is just not what it used to be.


see id agree with you but look at the casts of rio rainbow gate and ladies versus butlers. theres a ton of actors to choose from in each of them and lots of texas and la actors too. clearly they dont have a problem getting actors so im not sure why the director has to voice a main character in every dub they put out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FireballDragon



Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 504
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God, they're seriously dubbing this piece of crap!?

This anime SUCKS! Ignoring the fact that I prefer Nintendo over Sega, this anime is just SO horribad, I can't believe it got popular enough to get a dub!

What are people thinking nowadays?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takkun4343



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 741
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Oh my God, they're seriously dubbing this piece of crap!?

This anime SUCKS! Ignoring the fact that I prefer Nintendo over Sega, this anime is just SO horribad, I can't believe it got popular enough to get a dub!

What are people thinking nowadays?


See, where you exploded with rage over the reveal that they're dubbing this OVA of all things, I was just calmly surprised that it was even licensed to begin with, let alone dubbed.

Still, a dub makes it easier to make fun of something bad. Why else did FUNi do what they did with Master of Martial Hearts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE



Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 459
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
makotothedriller wrote:
so is it just me or does it bother anyone else that brittany lauda has directed every new media blasters dub & she also happens to have a fairly big voice role in every single one? seriously she was in holy knight, ladies versus butlers, judenchan, rio rainbow gate & now this not to mention that she was one of the only 2 actors announced for their my wife is the student council president dub Confused

kinda feels like weve gone back in time to the 90s when there werent that many voice actors to go around


I second this opinion to some degree. I don't mind her having roles in the dubs she directs its fairly common for the ADR Director to show up in their own directing work but its far more humble to simply take the Chris Ayres approach and cast yourself in a small supporting role when needed. Grabbing lead roles when your the ADR director will make you look quite bias to the viewing audience no way to get around that even if she didn't cast herself in the role. I tend to see Chris Bevins, Sonny Strait and Mike Mcfarland do the same thing when it comes to casting themselves in larger roles through out the dubs they directed over the years. Its an aspect of the dubbing medium that can be unappealing at times to see as a dubbing fan but that's the nature of the voice over medium in general.


Last edited by I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 04 Oct 2002
Posts: 2067
Location: Springfield, MO
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I do wonder what happened to Rachel Lillis and Veronica Taylor though.

They have been in recent LA dubs. Rachael Lillis is in a few Bang Zoom titles (Fate/stay night UBW and Hunter x Hunter), and Taylor is in Sailor Moon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
FireballDragon



Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 504
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
FireballDragon wrote:
Oh my God, they're seriously dubbing this piece of crap!?

This anime SUCKS! Ignoring the fact that I prefer Nintendo over Sega, this anime is just SO horribad, I can't believe it got popular enough to get a dub!

What are people thinking nowadays?


See, where you exploded with rage over the reveal that they're dubbing this OVA of all things, I was just calmly surprised that it was even licensed to begin with, let alone dubbed.

Still, a dub makes it easier to make fun of something bad. Why else did FUNi do what they did with Master of Martial Hearts?


It'd be a LOT better if they just went all Ghost Stories with it rather than dub it seriously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuchessBianca



Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 562
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
More dubbed goodness yays! Looking forward to finally seeing this, Rio and all the other upcoming Media Blasters dubs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group