• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Screaming and Fighting: The Gundam Pilot Quiz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I had to laugh at the Kira choices. Good thing it was obvious.

I got them all right as expected. Seeing Heero always brings a smile to my face.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Got all of them right, which I think is a first for me. I did have to guess on a few, as I'm fuzzy on the less recent OVA's.
Valhern

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I got most of them right and I even haven't watched that many of these (only first trilogy, War in the Pocket, 08th MS team and Unicorn), but the style gives them away pretty easily. I only screwed up on two but I was literally just guessing on those.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Yay for puzzling through process of elimination! I could absolutely only name six, being the number of shows out of the eighteen mugshots I've actually seen. Several more faces I could identify, which narrowed choices to one in some, which in turn narrowed several others to one or two. I think I got only between two to four wrong (hard to tell since the quiz doesn't score me.)
Zetabag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
So this is what it feels like to get 100%, neat.

Easily knew the names of everyone except one and but I knew what series he was from so it was a piece of cake.

I wonder how well people would do if ANN didn't include the names of the series with the choices.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I got 11, which is kind of astonishing, since I've only actually watched about 3 of them (Seed, Wing, IBO, plus one episode of Thunderbolt, and Unicorn in the background on Toonami, so I knew the face matched the series). So yeah, I think it would've been worse if the titles weren't included. Smile
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
That was easier than shooting down a Leo.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
My first 100% on one of these, too. The only one that really caused me any sort of hesitation was Seabook, because he's so hopelessly generic looking.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
For once I fared well! The UC characters posed little obstacle, surprisingly or otherwise. For the other series (heavens, what are those?) I relied on the art style to a slightly less successful end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MadHi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
100% for me. I love me some Gundam.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I got 100% as well, but I answered based on the art style for the ones from Gundam entries I haven't seen (eight of them). I have seen some of the unknown to me characters with their romanized names and art styles at anime conventions in art books and such. Thunderbolt's style is definitely easy to remember on its own though.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Pfft. You may as well have asked me if I could recognize letters of the alphabet or numbers from one to ten. Or basic shapes.

My point is, I'm huge Gundam dork, so this was easier than putting socks on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Surprised at how easy this was for me despite watching only like 5 series all the way through. Thank you, Dynasty Warriors Gundam.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Too easy. Should have used characters from the same series as choices. That would have made me guess on G-Savior because I couldn't remember what anyone looked like.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Really easy quiz for me! I would have identified almost all of the characters even without the multiple choices. The only one that I would not have been able to name is the character from GSavior, but still would have known where he was from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2