• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth PS4/PS Vita Game's Western Release Date Set

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicSP

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
So curious, as someone who knows next to nothing about the series, is this playable without playing the first two games? Because I'm under the impression that the first two games are not available in English .
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
The second and third games are closely-linked stories, and the second one comes out next week in English, I believe.

The first one is a separate story from earlier in the same universe. There are references and some shared characters, but you should be able to play the second one without much trouble.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
This is the 3rd game. As mentioned previously the 2nd game comes out on the 23rd. The first game can be found English translated.. if you know where to look. Or, watch the anime.. to bring yourself up to speed.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering how they would handle the English title since "The Two Hakuoros" wouldn't make much of any sense to someone who hasn't played the first game or seen its fantastic animated adaptation. "Mask of Truth" is bland as hell, but it could be worse I suppose.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1