• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem Warriors Trailer Reveals Corrin, Ryoma, Xander

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I still can't stand the new voice they got for Xander, it's so bad compared to the original, they sound nothing alike.

The original Xander was this tough serious prince but for some reason they keep giving him this soft spoken, almost effeminate tone for some reason. They did it in Fire Emblem Heroes too with the Spring Skin.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping for dual audio but it's super doubtful at this point. Nintendo still needs to work a little harder on their dubs because the dub for echoes was okay at best. I still really look forward to this entry in the warriors franchise and I will be getting a switch for this and future nintendo titles down the line.
huyhn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Feeling conflicted about Team Ninja working on this, while it is a nintendo game so lack of risque content I just hope there isn't an egregious amount of DLC costumes. I hope they do expand the mechanics to the KT formula and give more fire emblem elements rather than fire emblem skin-over.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 pm Reply with quote
huyhn wrote:
Feeling conflicted about Team Ninja working on this, while it is a nintendo game so lack of risque content I just hope there isn't an egregious amount of DLC costumes. I hope they do expand the mechanics to the KT formula and give more fire emblem elements rather than fire emblem skin-over.

Look to hyrule warriors to see how this will go, they'll likely follow a similar formula that they used there.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This is the game that will make me buy a Switch. I have a 3DS, but I think this game needs to go on my TV and not a tiny screen like the 3DS. Oh boy, I can't wait!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
I'm hoping for dual audio but it's super doubtful at this point.

While the chance of dual audio occurring initially are realistically low, I wouldn't say all hope is lost. Constant pressure from fan feedback eventually got Nintendo to produce an update to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild that featured a multi-language option.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I still can't stand the new voice they got for Xander, it's so bad compared to the original, they sound nothing alike.

The original Xander was this tough serious prince but for some reason they keep giving him this soft spoken, almost effeminate tone for some reason. They did it in Fire Emblem Heroes too with the Spring Skin.

You make it sound like Xander was Saizo or something.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I was hoping they showed other characters from different classes like mages, lancers, or archers because just seeing sword-wielders made it look a lot duller than Hyrule Warriors characters' premiere.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Yeah it could be worse, he could voiced by the guy who did Setsuna (who went out of his way to not care). Or have a voice like (10 pack a day) Hinoka. Or my favorite case of bad voice acting in FE comes Echoes with Desaix (Who never changes his inflection ever). That being said Echoes still has good voices for characters like Alm and Berkut.

I'm hoping they put Hector and Ephraim in the game to add some variety to the mix
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Yeah it could be worse, he could voiced by the guy who did Setsuna (who went out of his way to not care). Or have a voice like (10 pack a day) Hinoka. Or my favorite case of bad voice acting in FE comes Echoes with Desaix (Who never changes his inflection ever). That being said Echoes still has good voices for characters like Alm and Berkut.

I'm hoping they put Hector and Ephraim in the game to add some variety to the mix

Unfortunately the developers said that they would only include characters from Shadow dragon, mystery of the emblem, awakening, and fates. So it probably means no Ike, Hector, Ephiram, ect. The moment that was announced I lost interest so I probably wont buy this one. Even if they managed to add them as DLC (I have my doubts) because the characters would be ridiculously over priced. Strangely I thought they launched the fire emblem heroes app in order to promote old characters that would arrive in warriors but that is not the case either.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

Unfortunately the developers said that they would only include characters from Shadow dragon, mystery of the emblem, awakening, and fates. So it probably means no Ike, Hector, Ephiram, ect. The moment that was announced I lost interest so I probably wont buy this one. Even if they managed to add them as DLC (I have my doubts) because the characters would be ridiculously over priced. Strangely I thought they launched the fire emblem heroes app in order to promote old characters that would arrive in warriors but that is not the case either.

They wouldn't need to launch that for the purpose when they simply put them in at their leisure as they likely will in this case or save them for a potential sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1